Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Book Review: 40 Days to a Joyful Motherhood


40 Days to a Joyful Motherhood by Sarah Humphrey is a personal collection of thoughts and meditations developed through her journey of motherhood with beautiful hand-drawn illustrations to color yourself.  Sarah Humphrey is the mother of three children. I love that her husband, David wrote the foreword to the book.  He shares how much he admires his wife dedication to the calling and acknowledges the certain qualities that only a mother and wife can provide.

Sarah is inviting mothers, whatever stage of motherhood they are in, to join in on finding healing and strength in spending alone and intimate time with Jesus.

This devotional includes 40 days of devotions focusing on 6 key topics of motherhood such as:
Self-acceptance
Self-Care
Reconciling with grief, hope and expectations
Generosity
Presence
Forgiveness

I love that some of the pages to color include verses from Scripture!

Day 1 was particularly touching to me and ministered me dearly as only the Lord can.
I will make of you a great nation and will bless you.
I will make your name respected, and your will be a blessing.
Genesis 12:2

In the devotion she points out the importance of mothers knowing their identity and allowing Jesus to lovingly guide us to the identity He has created for us.

As I am reading through the devotions, I color the adjoining page.  I do find that the quality of the pages themselves are not that thick.  I used a Sharpie fine tip marker and it bled through the page.  I then used Crayola colored pencils and it seems to work much better however, the color still peeked through.  Just something to note.

I do enjoy reading through the daily devotions and coloring along!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)