Monday, September 12, 2016

Book Review: Raising a Young Modern-Day Princess

Raising a Young Modern-Day Princess is an excellent new resource for parents by Focus on The Family.  Many of you may be familiar with their ministry and their heart to unify and edify families in Christ through the teaching of Biblical principles.

This book caught my attention as I have three daughters which I have always called...my princesses.  It is great to have this tool to be able to continue to show me how to cultivate our Father's love for each of them.  This book is chock full of insights and activities that will draw their hearts closer to God's heart for each of them.

This book is co-authored by Doreen Hanna and Karen Whiting.  I did find it a bit inconvenient to keep track of when each author was writing what...since every paragraph or two they were taking turns.  I would loose track as to who I was reading and trying to remember, "Oh, yes, this is the mom with two daughters" then  a few paragraphs later, "This is the mom with 5 children".  There was a bit of keeping track I had to do.

The premise of this book is to lovingly guide your daughter through the nine fruit of the Spirit and teaching them how to develop their character through Godly principles. There are over 100 activities and creative ideas listed throughout the book in order to develop the fruit of the Spirit.

There are so many teachable moments for parents throughout this book.  Ideas are provided on how to cultivate empathy, fostering self-respect, being a loving friend, etc.

The authors encourage father's throughout the book to be actively involved in their daughter's character building.  I absolutely agree and love the idea of a daddy daughter date.  The role of a father in the life of his daughter is so precious and valuable.  A father's role will have such an impact on his little girl's life and heart long after she is no longer a little girl and long into womanhood.  No one can ever replace that relationship and it is so important that mother's are encouraging that relationship and offering opportunities for daddy and daughter time.

This is a great resource geared towards mother's of young girls but the theme and premise of the book can be used for daughter's of any age.

Great resource for mother's and father's alike!

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)