Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Book Review: Elijah, God's Mighty Prophet

ZonderKidz has recently published another great Bible themed book in the Adventure Bible series. Elijah, God's Mighty Prophet is an I Can Read Level 2 book.  It is geared toward developing readers.


My 6 year old daughter is loving the Adventure Bible storybooks.  She owns a few titles and enjoys reading them over and over again.  

The story of Elijah the prophet is written in a way that children will be able to understand the message of God to His people.  I love that this book includes the story of the widow in Zarephath.  It provides an opportunity for parents to instruct their children on how the widow giving the very last of what she had to God's messenger....the Lord provided for her in times of the great drought that was over the land. 

The beautiful illustrations are by David Miles. My daughter enjoys seeing the bright and colorful characters depicted in each page.  The facial expressions and gestures are right on target with what is going on in the story.  The images are captivating.

Overall, I highly recommend this series of books to parents.  The stories provide a great learning resource for children.  A set of these books would make an awesome gift as well! 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)