Saturday, August 1, 2015

Book Review: Noah's Voyage

Noah's Voyage is the re-telling of the familiar story of Noah's faithful quest to obey the Lord's command and build the ark. Beautiful and captivating illustrations adorn each page and tell the story of this man and his faith in God.  

Published by ZonderKidz, it is another installment of the I Can Read! Series of books.  It is a Level 2 reader which means that it contains appropriate content and vocabulary that children ranging from ages 4 - 8 can assimilate.  My daughter finds this line of books fascinating and has questions to share though out the read.

Toward the middle of the book it states accurate Biblical content (which most children's Bible stories omit) such as:

* The earth was flooded for 150 days
* Noah was 601 years when the water dried up
* God's promise

This familiar story includes beautiful imagery which captivated my daughter's attention.  The pictures of the giraffes, bears, lions, tigers and rabbits are depicted so well.  Their expressions are humorous as well, cleverly drawing you into each page.

At the back of the book there are two sections which are a bonus.

* People in Bible Times - A short biography on Noah
* Did You Know? - A detailed description and dimensions of the ark

Sometime ago my daughter was gifted Zonderkidz, I Can Read! books for her birthday, and I am extremely pleased to be adding this one to our collection of Bible children's books.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)