Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Book Review: Believe Storybook

Believe Storybook:  Think, Act, Be Like Jesus written by Randy Frazee, with Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton and illustrated by Steve Adams is an amazingly beautifully done book with the aim to stimulate children and encourage them to BELIEVE the Word of God and to live it out boldly to the glory of God!

The illustrations are breathtakingly gorgeous.  The attention to the individual attributes of each story is depicted lovely.  The faces and features of the characters are incredibly done. This stunning hardcover book measures approximately 11 by 9 inches.  It is quite substantial in size for little hands to carry on their own.  However, that gives both parent and child the opportunity to explore the questions in this book together.  

This book follows the same pattern the Believe book geared towards adults.  (My eldest daughter is actually reading through the adult version now.  
She is enjoying the book so far).  The book is divided into three sections:
 
What Do I Believe? - how we can think like Jesus
What Should I Do? - how we can act like Jesus
Who Am I Becoming? - how we can be like Jesus

This book contains thirty chapters.  Each chapter asks The Key Question which is relevant to what the chapter will deal with.  A detail that really stands out to me is that each chapter provides two Biblical accounts, one from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament.  At the end of the chapter there is an applicable portion stating The Jesus Answer.  It provides a powerful Scripture reference to help answer and guide the reader on how to apply the Biblical principal that was referred to. 

Being a home school mom, I could see us using this book as part of our Bible study curriculum.

I definitely recommend this book as it would wonderfully compliment your library.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)