Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Book Review: Only God Can Make a Kitten

Only God can make a Kitten written by Rhonda Gowler Green,  with illustrations by Laura J. Bryant is a beautifully written book for children.

Rhonda has written over 20 pictures books, which I own a few.  I enjoy how she manages to incorporate delightful rhymes to bring her stories to life.

This book is geared toward children ranging between 4-8 years of age.  My daughter is 5 years and she was able to grasp the message a well as read it herself.

In this book you will travel along side an inquisitive little boy who frolics through a lovely meadow with his mother and baby sister asking a series of questions.  He wants to know who made the sprig of spring pop out in which mama responds "He who knows our every need. Only God can make a seed."

The author lovingly points God as the Creator of all things in a sweet rhyme pattern.  His questions are an open invitation to explain the truth of creation with your child.

The illustrations are soft pastel colors which are delicate and beautiful to look at.  The animals depicted such as birds, ducks and kittens are sweetly weaved throughout the story.

This is a hardcover book measuring a little over 9 inches by 9 inches.  It does have a book jacket which protects the cover of the book but got in the way as my daughter held the book in her hands.

I do recommend this book as my daughter took pleasure in the general idea of the book reinforcing the fact that our loving Father created all things. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)