Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Book Review: My Keepsake Bible


My Keepsake Bible by Sally Ann Wright compiles Bible stories and prayers along with room to record milestones in your child's life.  

This is a sturdy padded hardcover book.  It measures about 8x6 inches which is an ideal size to read together cuddled up at bedtime.

The illustrations are vivid and attention grabbing.  The familiar stories like Jonah and the Great Fish,  Daniel and the Lions Den are included.  As well as stories that do not often appear in children's Bible story books such as the story of Gideon and the Lord providing for the Prophet Elijah.  I enjoyed reading the prayers that are based on actual Bible verses.  I found that detail to be particularly edifying as I consider it to be necessary to pray according to the Truth in the Word of God.

What makes this Bible storybook a keepsake is that there is room to record your child's milestones as well as document your family tree.  Doesn't that make it extra special?  There is a dedicatory page and a table of contents which I thought was really helpful

My 5 year old daughter loves Bible story books.  She enjoyed the stories of Samuel and David and Goliath as well as the prayers.  I would recommend My Keepsake Bible, as it would be a great addition to  any library and a great gift for a loved one.

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book. - See more at: http://www.tyndaleblognetwork.com/5_nav/guidelines.php#sthash.y47bxsU3.dpuf



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)