Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Book Review: Keepers of the Covenant

Keepers of the Covenant by Lynn Austin is the second novel in The Restoration Chronicle series.  This novel depicts biblical events that are mentioned in the Books of Esther, Ezra and Nehemiah

The author carefully and thoughtfully intertwined fact and fiction that allowed the reader to be enthralled and captivated by the story she was telling. 

I have read Return to Me (which is the first book in the series) and was excited to read this second installment and knew it would not disappoint.

This novel depicts the life of Ezra, the Scribe who is chosen to lead his people.  After victories and hardship, loss and new found love, Ezra has been called upon God to reveal the truth of His Word to His people and lead the Judean exiles living in babylon to their home in Jerusalem.  

As you read of Ezra and his many experiences you will also be engaged by the story of Reuben, who is a young man of 14, who considers himself capable of withstanding the duties and responsibilities of a man.  The story of Amina, which really tugged at my heart strings.  She is a young Babylonian girl who is considered a good for nothing cripple by the man who should have cared and loved her the most, her father.

This book has many exciting and unexpected twists which made this novel and exciting page turner. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Biblical and Historical fiction.  I hopefully await a third installment of The Restoration Chronicles series.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)