Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Review: Heaven

source
Heaven: What's It Like? How Do We Get There? by Stephen Elkins is an appreciable compilation of 60 engaging rhyming stories which includes an applicable Bible verse and charming illustrations depicting a diversity of beautiful children.            

The book is comprised of three sections:

What is Heaven Like? 
(Heaven is Real, Perfect, Beautiful, Forever, etc)
How Do We Get There?
(Open God's special Book, Know God's Special Name, etc)
How Do We Live Like Jesus Until Then?
(We Love, Serve One Another, etc.)


It contains a table of contents for easy navigation as well as a useful glossary of terms which defines words used in the book that younger children may not be aware of. Through out the book it is easy to identify the words that can be found in the glossary by the "special" font that is used.

I read this book with my four year old and she very much appreciated the scenes illustrating the children in various scenarios, which I considered each image relevant to the story it was telling.  It generated questions from her that allowed us to reference Scripture for Truth.  We enjoyed reading it together.

This book can be read aloud at bedtime or used as a daily devotional in which the whole family can join in on.

Overall, I found the content of the book to be a great resource for children.  I am glad to add this to my daughter's library of great books that we will treasure.

(I received a complimentary copy of this book for my unbiased and honest review.)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)