Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book Review: The God Puzzle

I was so excited to receive The God Puzzle for review! When I did, I began flipping through the pages, reading the text, admiring the pictures and immediately, I was so very fond of it! Many children's Bible study books I have read with my youngest daughter have only scratched the surface of a Christian's walk. I found this book to be a blessing and very well written. The purpose of the book is for children to discover "how the Bible fits together to reveal God's greatest treasure." Each lesson begins with a section called "Get the facts" where children are asked a question or encouraged to perform a simple experiment. After they've gathered the information, they are then ready to continue the lesson. 

I like that there are many thought-provoking questions where children have to look up several scriptures to find the Biblical answers. They are encouraged to examine their own young lives and realize how certain feelings affect them. The size and level of each lesson is perfect! The lessons aren't too short or too easy where children rush through and they aren't too long or too difficult where Bible study time becomes a chore for them. 

One of my favorite aspects of this book is that it encourages children to dig deeper into God's Word and think! The vivid pictures and layout of the book captivate the child's attention with crossword puzzles and fill-in-the-blank activities. 

And finally, there's the aspect of children discovering more about God. Children are never too young to learn about the great God we serve and this book allows them to discover on their own. Children learn, through this in-depth study, that a relationship with God personal and life-changing. 

The extra's in this book are just wonderful! With pages dedicated to "Book of the Bible and the different kinds of books", "Hebrew names of God and their meanings", and a list of verses to memorize, I feel that these additions take Bible study to the next level. I like the fact that "deep" questions and language are put into kid-friendly terms without watering down the Truth of the Word.


I received a complimentary copy of the above mentioned book from Litfuse in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)