Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: Return to Me


Return to Me (Book 1 of the Restoration Chronicles Series) by Lynn Austin excitingly recounts the Israelite's exile to Babylon and their return to Jerusalem.

The book's main characters Iddo and his grandson Zaki…(which I love how his character is developed) have difficult decisions to make but ultimately they both choose to believe God and walk by faith no matter what obstacles may confront them along the way.

In the first sitting, I read nearly half of the book; it was just that good! The plot immediately drew me in.  Although the book is fiction it did contain many captivating Biblical truths.

This is the first book I have read by Lynn Austin.  I enjoyed her style of writing which was impressively descriptive.  The author conveyed the characters emotions vividly.  I felt the hurt and despair that the characters faced throughout their many ordeals and hardships as they leave the familiar comforts of Babylon for the promise and hope of their land, Israel.

I enjoy Biblical fiction and this lived up to my every expectation of a great read.  It was intriguing and captivated my attention till the very last page.

I enjoyed the book so much that I have started to read Lynn Austin's Chronicles of the Kings Series (5 book series).  I have read through one book already and can't wait to get my hands on the other books!

I received a complimentary copy of the above mentioned book in exchange for my unbiased and honest review.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)