Thursday, August 15, 2013

Book Review: Thirty Days of Bible Study for Busy Mamas


Author Pam Forster’s book "Thirty Days of Bible Study for Busy Mamas" is an uplifting and impassioned Bible study of third chapter of the book of Colossians. She has written this book specifically to encourage busy mothers to purposely set aside five minutes each day to study the  of Colossians.

The author suggests the study should only take about five to ten minutes a day.  Personally, it took me longer than five minutes a day to study the verses and to complete the corresponding assignments.  I did not want to speed through and just get it done. 

The author provided useful online resources to deepen the study of the Scriptures such as Biblestudytools.com.  She also includes materials to use during Bible study time, ideas for marking your Bible, and the comments that stood out the most to me was how to make time when you have small children.  She writes helpful tips on getting alone time with the Lord and His Word.  Having a 4 year old, I found her suggestions to be realistic and extremely insightful.

Being my first time studying the book of Colossians I found it to be an immense blessing and was left with a new perspective regarding this specific book.


Disclosure of Material: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookCrash.com book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s CFR Title 16, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)