Thursday, August 29, 2013

Book Review: The One Year My Princess Devotions

The One Year My Princess Devotions by Karen Whiting contains 365 daily devotionals for girls ranging in ages 3 - 5.  Each day is laid out on a page which contain teachings that can be read in a small amount of time.

Each devotion includes Royal Words (scripture verse), Princess Thoughts (short teaching), A Prayer for the King (daily prayer), and Princess in Action (way to implement the teaching).  There is a useful Scripture index at the end of the book which can be referenced when going over the devotions.

Topics of the devotions range from wisdom to studying God’s word to obedience to God.

The Princess in Action section presents various suggestions to reinforce the devotion with various activities.  One suggestion that stood out to me was,

Take a breath mint.  It's sweet and makes your breath smell good.  Nice words are like breath mints.  Pass out pleasant words.  some pleasant words are compliments, like "You look pretty." Some words encourage a person.  You can cheer on a friend or brother or sister when you say, "You can do it!"

The beautiful hard cover book with lovely and captivating illustrations are delightful for young girls.  I've had a joyous time doing this devotional with my 4 year-old daughter.  She is quite fond of her book and enjoys the daily time we spend in it.

Disclosure of Material: I received this book free from the publisher through the Tyndale Blog Network book review program, which requires an honest, though not necessarily positive, review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s CFR Title 16, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)