Monday, February 11, 2013

Book Review: Bible Stories That End with a Hug

About the Book:
Little children love getting and giving hugs.  Show your little ones just how much you treasure them while teaching them about God's unconditional love.

My Review:
My daughter and I enjoyed reading through the bible stories.  Their is a collection of 75 Bible stories included in this book.   The illustrations are beautifully done.  The colors are soft and muted and captured our attention.

I was surprised to see stories of Balaam, Deborah and Ezekiel  pictured as these are often left out of children's Bible story books.  My daughter enjoyed reading these stories as we have not covered them yet in our bible study time.  Well known stories of Adam and Eve, David and one of my daughter's favorite Jonah are also included.  

Although I did enjoy the layout of the book and certainly the biblical content, the stories are very short.  Most stories are about three to four sentences long, however, what makes up for each story being so short are the questions that are included with each one which helps to elaborate a bit more. Also included in each story is a memory verse from the New Living Translation and a special "hug" time:)

This book can be used to introduce the child to the biblical stories BUT have your bible handy to read the WHOLE truth.
Tyndale Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of the above mentioned book in exchange for my honest review.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)