Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Book Review: Secretly Smitten

About the book:
There's a secret in Grandma Rose's attic-a forgotten set of dog tags belonging to her first love. But David Hutchins was killed in action and never returned to Smitten. How did the dog tags end up in the attic?

The mystery intrigues Rose's three granddaughters-Tess, Clare, and Zoe-and they decide to investigate, though their mother, Anna, warns against meddling. But as the seasons turn and the mystery unravels, the three young women and their mother encounter some intriguing mystery men of their own. Has a sixty-year-old puzzle sparked something new for this close-knit family of women?

My Review:
Secretly Smitten begins in the romance destination city of Smitten, Vermont.  This book is a tale of four very close knit sisters.  The way the author weaves in the love that they end up finding is quite innocent.

I enjoyed reading of how the four sisters along with their mother would meet up every Sunday in their grandmothers home for Sunday lunch along with their great- aunts.  It is family tradition that has withstood the test of time and even hardships and betrayal.

Although I did enjoy the book and I finished reading in about three days I would have loved to see the characters be developed a bit more.  For example, the first love story begins with Tess.  I would have enjoyed reading more of who she was and how her relationship with Ryan evolved.

I would have enjoyed reading in depth of all the relationships that developed in the town of Smitten.

I feel that the tales of the romance that develops between each sister and their respective beaus' should have been played out more as the story lines all seem to end abruptly.  By the time the plot was getting good on one sister I would turn the page and the tale of the next sister would begin which left me wanting for more.

Oh, and the main idea of the book were the mysterious dog tags found in the attic, well that particular story line was only a few pages of the book.

All in all I did enjoy the book.
***
The "gals" are celebrating the release of Secretly Smitten with a fun Live Webcast on February 5th. They'll be debuting the *NEW* animated Smitten trailer, giving away tons of prizes, dishing on the book and their friendship. They'll also be wrapping up the Secretly Smitten blog tour, answering audience questions and testing your trivia skills. Don't miss the fun and bring your friends. Click here to RSVP and set up a reminder. 

LitFusePublicity provided me with a complimentary copy of the above mentioned book 
in exchange for my honest review.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)