Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Roots

As I looked out my window I see a huge tree uprooted by Hurricane Sandy. I noticed the tree has thick roots that were once embedded deep in the ground even some that flowed below the concrete which is now exposed.  The concrete pathway is now in need of much repair.  The tree stood there tall and hovering high for decades.  It was immovable.

However, what once stood high, strong and healthy now lays bare of its limbs, branches and leaves.  It is now slowly dying.  It waits to be discarded and disposed.  Soon it's grandeur will be forgotten.

How that tree reminds me of what could have been and what will be if I am not rooted deep in my Jesus.  No matter how long I stand "firm" if I am not praying and watching I too, can fall.

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rains came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house: yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." ~ Matthew 7: 24-25

Five Minute Friday


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Yes, we must watch and pray and draw our nourishment from Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, such truth in it. Only the root of David can stand the strong winds a storm can bring. His roots are buried in heaven. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Betty!
      i am encouraged by you being here.
      Peace and the Lord's joy to you always.

      Delete
  3. Great post and what a powerful reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is me... Maria
    I did not know that you was writing. I even forgot about the blog to be honest. but today i went to kianna's corner and some how i end up in yours. It bless me and is a way for me to keep connect. your teen letter brought tears. thanks for writing what God is putting in your heart.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shalom sister! I am so glad that you visited.
      I am thankful that even though you are far we still have the opportunity to remain connected.
      I love you, too:)

      Delete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)