Monday, January 3, 2011

Seeking His Kingdom First

May the peace of the Lord be with you all!
May the New year that has just begun be filled with more of Him and less of us!

My family and I welcomed the new year at church, and I really couldn't imagine a better place to be than in the house of God to seek His blessing for the new year that we are about to embark on.

Before arriving to service I took a moment to call my dad and was able to tell him that I loved him dearly and that my desire for him is to draw near to God this year. Our conversation was brief but nonetheless it filled my heart's desire to be able to speak to him. I was also able to speak to my older brother in Ecuador which is always so lovely to hear his loving words of encouragement for me.

The congregation was given the opportunity to testify on how we have seen the Lord's love and mercy throughout the year. There are many instances that I have seen the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ woven throughout out the year.

I shared with my FIC the amazing opportunity I was given to be able to see my dad after not seeing him a little over 10 years or so. As I started to express my gratitude I could not hold back my tears as the feeling of seeing him all over again started to flow through my mind. I was certainly grateful to the Lord to be able to see my father once again. It was a lovely reunion in which he was able to meet my husband and my daughters for the first time.

We rang in the new year praising Jesus Christ! It was an amazing service!

I have been away from blogland for a few weeks now and I enjoyed my time away. I have been meditating on the Lord and what He would have me do and say through tHis blog. And basically I want to stick to sharing what He presses upon my heart to share. I started this blog with one reader and it was such a lovely moment in time. I didn't feel the pressure to write, we just had fun with blogging and sharing experiences in Christ. Somewhere along the lines that vision became blurred. I want to return to the "ancient paths" (Jeremiah 6:16).

My desire is that all that I do bless His mighty name and bring me closer to HIM.

My husband also stepped up and shared at the New Year's Eve service that the Lord spoke to His spirit Matthew 6:33, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness , and all these things will be given to you as well.". I want to live out this verse for this year.

As a mother and wife I have a tremendous responsibility to be that wise women that builds up her home and trains her children in the ways of the Lord. I realize that it is not by any means a task which I can take lightly...I cannot afford to slack off.

May the desire of your heart be to seek first the Kingdom of God in this year that has already begun knowing confidently that then and only then will all other things be added to you!

Shalom beloved!


5 comments:

  1. Amen sister. It's amazing how the Lord works. I felt inclined to share my year in my blog and thank Him for all He has done this year. I have the same thoughts of putting Him first in everything. He is our life and if that is not reflected first and foremost in everything we do we have indeed allowed our vision and focus to be blurred. May He bless you with more of Him this new year and always.

    Shalom,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful and touching
    word today. Yes, we must keep God
    at the center of our lives and
    seek Him and His Kingdom above
    all else. Your blog is a blessing
    and I hope you will continue to be
    able to just enjoy it and feel no
    pressure. I like to write as if
    no one else is reading it but Him.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sandy that def. is a great way to look at it.
    Thank you for stopping by and May His blessings overflow in your heart and home always:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to see your Dad after that time. Seek His kingdom first...yes, and amen!
    Blogging...I still haven't figured this thing out, but I do know the Lord is using it and the enemy can also get in and take away joy, or make other misinterpret something we write, either in our post or comments...I guess that is why we need to cover everything in prayer...so your post encourages me to make sure I am covering everything in prayer and then being obedient to what I feel He puts on my heart. I never want to be used by the enemy.

    Happy New Year!! Blessings to you and yours and you continue your walk with HIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to hear from you again and to hear about the wonderful start to the year. I have no idea what the year will bring but I trust in the Lord and pray for His guidances and support all year long. And what a comfort that is to know that the Lord is in full control.

    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)