Saturday, December 11, 2010

Breaking Free: Deprogramming and Reprogramming


But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today,
so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
~ Hebrews 3:13

I began reading this book in January and it has been almost a year since I have started on this journey. I pray that the sister's that have started on the journey to breaking free with me have enjoyed the wealth of information that the book has provided. This book in conjunction with the Bible has been a powerful tool in unmasking lies.

A few months back, my husband and I purchased a new computer. Now we had one to many computers and we were considering selling our old computer. I spoke with a computer tech at Staples and asked what I had to do in order to get all of my personal information erased from my computer and get it ready to sell. The tech mentioned (if I remember correctly) that the computer's hard drive had to be completely wiped out (erased) and the hard drive needed to be re-programmed. All of my personal information needed to be deleted so that it could never be accessed again. Do you see where I am heading to with this illustration?

Before I was born there were generational curses operating in my family that had to be broken. As a child there were words declared over me that had to be bound and now words of life had to be loosed.

There was a whole lot of "deprogramming" that needed to be done.

After, I received Jesus I was now given the task, with the revelation of the Word, to begin reprogramming. I had to be open and honest with myself about lies that I had believed and rebuke those thoughts and see whether it was myself or situation I was living, through the mirror that is God's Word.

Instead of believing the lies of the devil I have to choose to meditate on the truth of God's Word.

Beth states that, "We possess the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) but we still have the full capacity to think with the mind of the flesh." I know the Truth of the Word, however, the devil does not miss an opportunity to introduce a lie and get my brain rolling with a deceptive thought. I admit I have taken the bait more times than I care to remember.

I must practice "the process of applying God's truth to the matter" that is trying to build a stronghold in my mind.

The devil is the father of all lies. Any thought, action or word contrary to the Word of God over me, my family, my finances, my health, etc. simply does not come from God. My task is to identify it, rebuke it and proclaim the Truth of God's Word!

"What are some of the lies that you have
begun to identify in your life?"



2 comments:

  1. We have to do warfare daily due to
    our son's battle with autism. The
    enemy says there's no hope for
    him but that's not what the Word
    of God says. It tells us that by
    the stripes our Savior took upon
    His back, our son is healed and
    whole. It is finished!
    As believers in the work of the
    cross, we will have to fight in
    this life for what is ours,
    purchased by His blood for us.
    The victory is sure if we faint
    not!
    Blessings, dear Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...Sandy!

    I stand in agreement that by His striped we are healed...your son is healed..in the name of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)