Monday, November 29, 2010

Counting My Blessings

1. My sister and her tot stopped over for a quick visit and I was able to give her a little something I crocheted for her.

2. My mom generously offered to stay with my girls while I ran into Manhattan for a quick errand.

3. I bought my daughter a much needed winter coat and after she removed the coat she was covered in feathers! Thankfully, the store accepted the coat back and although I wasn't refunded my money I was able to exchange it and get her a "church" coat!

4. Wednesday night prayer at my mother's home was amazing to say the very least. The presence of Holy Spirit is beautiful.

5. CVS and Rite Aid deals were GREAT! I was able to get some more goodies for my mom, teen and husband.


6. I had so much fun prepping for our Thanksgiving dinner. My teen made the potato salad which turned out AMAZING! The cherry cheesecake was a hit with the family.

Flan (Spanish style egg custard)


7. Enjoyed dinner with my FIC at church Thursday evening and then continued feasting on the Word of God. A brother who we love dearly preached until the wee hours of the morning! It was awesome. We got home at about 3:30 am from service and the Lord strengthened my husband who had to be at work by 7:00am!!!

8. My sister in law's, brother in law, confessed Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior during our Thursday night vigil!!!!!! Answered prayer!!!!! Thank you Lord for all that you have done, are doing and will continue to do in the life of our brother Eli!!!

9. Friday evening we came together as the body of Christ to share in the Lord's supper. It was beautiful to be able to share with my FIC and remember the death and sacrifice of our Lord and Savior who carried my sins on the cross.

10. I purchased a sewing machine this week. God is so good! I was eyeing a machine but was not willing to pay the price. On Black Friday I noticed that Target was selling a machine for a great and reasonable price. It was even lower than the sale price they advertised a few weeks ago.

11. With my new machine I was able to sew my baby a skirt. It took me a while to figure out how to do it but was glad with the results:)

12. My sister and her family came over for dinner Saturday evening. My sister brought her game of Trouble and we played two rounds! We laughed and laughed as the girls cheered us on. I didn't win:(

13. Later on that evening, my mom stopped by for dinner and she testified on how she spent time with her co-worker preaching the gospel. Her co-worker was eager to hear and asked questions also. Lord, have mercy on her.

14. Received a rebate check for about $40.00:)


Lord, thank you for all that you have shown Yourself to be. I am amazed at your transforming power. I am not the same women that met you a few years back. I have been renewed and my sins you remember no more. Thank you, Lord! Thank you ever more!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, how your list blesses me this
    morning! God is so good and faithful,
    always watching out for us.
    I had to laugh at your daughter
    being covered with feathers!!
    What was that about?! Anyway, glad
    you were able to get a good winter
    church coat for her.
    Your church services sound great!!
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed reading your comment Sandy:)
    The coat was filled with feathers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list...a new believer...the angels and all the body of Christ rejoice.
    Love your saving, love your family time of prayer....what blessings!!

    Yes that grand piano was a gift to my husband from his parents. He writes, sings and plays...so do must of our children and our daughter-in-law. It is played a lot....I can only play a little and do that when no one is home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janette!
    What an awesome gift to be able to play for the Lord.

    I took lessons when I was younger but did not persevere.
    I regret it now. I bought an electrical keyboard but do not(make) the time to practice:( One day in the name of Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, the food looks very yummy. It is a good idea to list all those things we are thankful for, because so often we forget to thank the Lord for all that He provides.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)