Thursday, November 4, 2010

Breaking Free: A View From the Old


You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in You

Isaiah 26:3

Freedom from strongholds comes from delving totally into the Word of God, applying and believing the truth of His Word. There is a battle going on in the spiritual realm for my soul and for yours. We must dress ourselves in spiritual warfare to be able to battle against the plots and schemes of the devil. We have to be armed with the sword of the Spirit if we are going to win this battle. Are you up for it? I am. I refuse to live anything less than the abundant life Jesus' blood has provided.

When I first came to Christ, I learned that confessing and renouncing sin from my life was essential to being set free from captivity. Spiritually what that did was that it sent a message to satan telling him that I am no longer bound to that sinful nature. All yolks and bondage's created by his deceit and lies were cut in the name of Jesus.

Confession was key. I did not want to have any intimate secrets between the devil and I, so I confessed it all in the name of Jesus. I continually ask the Lord, if there is anything, even hidden in my subconscious that I am unaware of, that He may reveal it to me so that I can confess and renounce.

I approach God in prayer with a sincere desire to be set free. I know only He is able to help me with my struggles. I recognize my need to be molded and transformed by the Potters hands.

Praying the Word of God is such a necessity to winning this war which is set in the mind of the believer. The devil attacks the believer in the area of their thoughts. When Jesus spoke of the parable of the soils we see that the devil comes to take away the Word that has been sown in some people (Mark 4:15). If we are not taking our thoughts captive the door to our minds have been left open and he will make his way inside. We must catch those little foxes that ruin the vineyard. It is our duty, since the truth of the Word of God has been revealed to us to be watching, praying and meditating on the Word so we do not fall into temptation. If we are meditating on things that do not edify or bring glory to Jesus that is a door left open for the enemy to come on in and make himself at home.

Beloved, we must put on the FULL armor of God so that we can stand against the tactics of the devil. Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against the powers, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. (Ephesians 6:11-12)

If there is any area of my life that I have not surrendered to you Lord, I am here and I am paying attention. I want to have those ears to hear you Lord, to hear the instructions from precious Holy Spirit who guides me to the truth of Jesus Christ. My life is in Your hands and there is no better place for me to be in than in YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely essential. Thank you for sharing these truths, Sydney and thank you for stopping by and saying hello. Love it when your name comes up on the comments.

    Have a gorgeous day sis. Blessings and much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sydney! This part really spoke to me:

    I did not want to have any intimate secrets between the devil and I, so I confessed it all in the name of Jesus.

    When we don't confess things, even one to another, shame remains our dark cover. Bring all things to the Light that we may be healed, in Jesus name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask Holy Spirit for wisdom to expose my heart, especially when it comes to my husband. I do not in any way want to serve as a stumbling block to his spiritual growth. We as wives are home builders and it is our great gift to be able to build up our husbands and children. We have the God given authority to do so!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)