Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seven Questions



Amanda over at My Secret Garden invited me to answer 7 questions. I thought it would be a great way for my bloggy friends to get to know me. Read along and get to know me:

1. Where did you meet your husband?
I met my husband at church. My husband was an usher at our church and I noticed that he was so kind and helpful. I am grateful that we now get to serve the body of Christ together!

2. What is one of your most favourite movies?
I don't have a favorite movie but I enjoy the Kendrick Brother movies (Flywheel, Facing the Giants, & Fireproof)

3. If you could have any career you'd like, what would it be?
As a child I aspired to be an astronaut but I went to college for Criminal Justice...I wanted to become a lawyer.

4. What character in the Bible do you really relate too the most?
I would have to say David. When you read the book of Psalms you can read that when David committed a sin before God his heart was truly grieved. He wanted to be transparent before the Lord and also his ability to confess his sin and seek the Lord's restoration is of encouragement to me. I pray that my heart can always be that sensible.

5. Where did you get married?
Civil ceremony took place in a courthouse in Bronx, NY and later we got married at my church in Far Rockaway, Queens, NY.

6. What makes you laugh easily?
My sister Karen. Growing up together we laughed all the time and now even as adults and mothers we enjoy each other's company so very much. I was with her just yesterday and we laughed going from store to store while we ran some errands in our neighborhood.

7. If you could live in another country, which one would it be?
Assuming that my husband is in agreement:) I would have to say Ecuador. As a child I always wanted to be surrounded by my rather large family.

Thanks again, Amanda for inviting me to answer 7 questions.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Amanda choose to ask you the 7 questions as this way I get to know you better. I love that you met your husband in church; a good place to meet. Sisters are special and how wonderful that you live close enough to get together.

    I grew up on Long Island (Lindenhurst to be exact) so I have been to the Bronx, Queens and of course Manhattan often. I lived for a time in Mt. Vernon in Westchester county for a time too.

    I love how NY is a melting pot. Ecuador is where your family is originally from? How great that would be to go there.

    I enjoyed reading your 7 answers Sydney!

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to get to know you a
    bit better, Sydney. Thanks for
    sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sydney! I loved that you played along! I learned so much more about you and things made sense for me. For example, criminal justice. oh wow!! That reveals your heart to me. You may not have gone all the way in the natural, but in the spiritual, yes! A modern day Deborah, who was a judge in Israel, who speaks and deals with people justly and with mercy and grace.

    I loved all your answers Sydney, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!!! How much fun and what great answers!
    Wow...a lawyer...I have a son prepping for the LSAT
    So enjoyed getting to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie..yes, my family is from Ecuador. I am first generation born in this country. I live about a 10 minute drive from Mt. Vernon.

    Amanda..you are such a blessing.

    Janette...Praise the Lord! May your son do great on his exam!

    Thank you ladies for reading along and taking time to get to know me a bit more.

    Abundant blessings to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Sydney, I had not seen this. I am so glad you replied to her questions. We get to know a little more about you. Relating to David is most definitely a good thing. He had a heart that pleased God, I believe because of his willingness to repent so quickly--a true worshiper's heart--always open to God.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)