Thursday, October 28, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

Let the little children come to Me, don't stop them,
because the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

~ Luke 18:16


The eldest son of Evangelist Billy Graham, Franklin Graham is President and CEO of Samaritan's Purse. OCC is a ministry of Samaritan's Purse for nearly 20 years. There goal is to reach children with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by sending gift filled shoe boxes to over 95 countries. God has allowed these little shoe boxes to open the hearts of children, their families and even entire communities to the true meaning of Christmas.

Last year Operation Christmas child collected over 8 million shoe boxes.
Samaritan's Purse will be sending more than 250,000 gift boxes for the children of Haiti.

I feel so blessed that I am able to contribute to this organization.

Please take a moment to watch this video.



We pack our boxes with prayer as well as goodies. We have prayed that each child that receives a box gets exactly what they desired in their hearts to received.

Instead of the shoe boxes I use a similarly sized plastic bin with a lid (that can be re-used and is also part of the gift) which I am hoping to purchase this weekend so I can pack them and get them ready to drop off. Through out the year I am tracking sales so I can match them up with coupons and get great deals.

By the Lord's mercy and grace I have been able to get great prices on the items listed below.

Small cars, balls, coloring books, puzzles, jump ropes etc.


School supplies are essential for any child.
This year I made sure to have even more supplies to hand out.
I managed to get FREE pencils at CVS this summer!

Hygiene items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, etc.
Also close to free using CVS extra care bucks paired with coupons!

A sweet treat is a great surprise for these little one :)


Last year my sister gave me the idea to send along in the boxes socks, spoons, cups and bowls. I think that is such a neat idea. My daughter enjoys drinking out of her own pink cup and I am sure these precious children will enjoy it as well.

I have asked the Lord to lead me to give back some of the abundant blessings that He has showered me with. He has lead me to Operation Christmas Child among others.

Prayerfully seek the Lord, and ask Him where He wants you sow a seed of His love to others.

My desire is that we can all give...sow a seed in fertile soil...for the glory of Jesus!



4 comments:

  1. For quite a few years, my daughter and I would enjoy doing 2 boxes every year, one for a boy and one for a girl. If we had coupons here in Australia, I would have loved to do more than two...

    I love this ministry and think it is so worthwhile!

    The things you have for your shoeboxes are wonderful Syndey... I am sure they will indeed be a huge blessing to whomever the Lord directs them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed participating in
    Operation Christmas Child for
    some time now. It's so very
    rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, we these children these boxes they will be ocher the moon. What wonderful things you have thought of, both practical and fun. You have encouraged me to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord that you ladies have reached out to extend God's love to the hurting and the lost.

    May the Lord reward you according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)