Saturday, October 9, 2010

Breaking Free: The Fullness of Unfailing Love

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14

Can you think of a time when you were suddenly awash with the magnitude of God's love for you personally?

As a mother I make sure I am re-in forcing to my daughters just how much they mean to me. I constantly tell them that I love them and more importantly I instill in them the love that God has for them. God does the same with us. His willingness to demonstrate His love for us should create in us a fullness in our hearts of His unfailing love....we should be satisfied with HIS love.

Did you know that there are people who have professed Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior that are not living the abundant life that Jesus has so freely given us? I know this to be true because for quite some time after I came to Christ I still felt empty. I read the Holy Word of God and I knew that His Holy Spirit now abides in me, however there was a hinderance which was that I didn't allow God access to those empty places in my heart. Areas of my life that needed much healing were blocked off to the Lord. Unwillingness to confess hurts are a barrier for the fullness of God's love to manifest in lives of those who have confessed Christ. I new I desperately needed and wanted to be free. I wanted to live in the fullness of God's unfailing love. I confessed with my mouth all my hurts, my broken spirit, my sin and God HEALED my heart. I took hold of the Word that states that I am a new creation...old things have passed away, and all things are now new in HIM!!!

If were are living a life that is fully satisfied in the unfailing love of God that is ever present, we can rest assured that whatever the circumstances are....that will never alter His love for us. The fullness of His love is available to us. Beloved, let us draw from His precious living water and be satisfied.

16 comments:

  1. This is a powerful post Sydney... many people live in a place of confessing Christ, but still maintaining huge walls around their hearts. That's what past wounding and hurts do: erect barriers.

    His relentless love conquers this, taking down the bricks, one at a time. As His love penetrates our hearts, and healing flows, we then long to be free of any hindrances so we can love Him freely and in turn, accept His freely-given love.

    When the walls are there, the person is yet to experience this love... so they don't know to trust Him. I am thankful He is so patient and merciful with us!

    Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to visit from Amanda's blog. I've recently come to know her through her blog and she is a gem; a very special woman of God. If Amanda recommended I stop and visit you, then that's what I do. :)

    And I have to say I'm so glad I took the time. I understand why she described you as she did.

    What a message of love you share. I cannot tell you how many women don't experience the fullness of God's love for them. I know I am in the midst of an online Bible study At the Well. It is called Makeover of the Heart. This has helped me so much as I allow the Lord to peel back the self imposed layers of my heart. I'm finding that He alone is trustworthy. He will not fail me.

    Nice to 'meet you'.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sydney,
    I came over at Amanda's suggestion
    as well. I hear what you're saying
    here. This is so powerful.
    I know I am going to enjoy following
    your blog.
    Richest Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen...visiting from Amanda's suggestion. I was so blessed. You book recommendations are great...I have so many of them and have grown spiritual through them also.
    Nice to meet you...oh, I see you home school also.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sydney,

    Have a blessed week sister. Thanks for passing by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sydney, visiting you from Amanda's and your posts demonstrates such a sweet spirit. I can really relate to this one. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so very much for stopping by. I certainly appreciate your time here. May the Lord continue to encourage you to press on forward as we travel on this road to complete freedom in HIM.

    Janette, have you read David Platt's "Radical"? A lovely sister in Christ gave this book to me and I have purposed in my heart to read it before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I came to your blog through Amanda's blog. Your words here ring in my spirit. I am on a journey to receiving and walking in the fullness of His love! I am following you and look forward to more insight from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sydney, I can see I'm not the only one landing here via Amanda's blog. =D I think I've come to trust her taste in blogging very much. Clicked on your google follow and look forward to visiting. By the way, looovvveee flan. What Cuban wouldn't? =D Funny that I never make it though. I think I got spoiled by my mother-in-law. She makes a great one.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barbie and One Heart...welcome and may you be blessed by what you read here! Thanks for stopping by:)

    One Heart,
    The recipe for the flan was passed down to me by my cuban "grandmother". I have to admit that her recipe is the best that I have tasted and I have tasted ALOT of different versions of this classic dessert. It is super easy to make...so go ahead and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read David Platt yet...I have it on my wish list for myself and my son...we have watched the videos and our pastor is close to him...they seem to walk in a lot of the same things...we go to Matt Chandler's church, The Village in Highland Village Texas

    Oh, thanks for your comments on my blog on running the race...totally agree!!!
    Blessings...love having fellow runners in the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sydney, my dear, just sending an urgent prayer request your way. Courtney from http://www.projectprettyblog.com/2010/10/calling-all-prayer-warriors.html is calling all prayer warriors on behalf of her husband, Zane, who was seriously electrocuted a few days ago. I have been reaching out to different blogging friends as led. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sydney, just to let you know, Australia Post said 7 - 10 working days. Hopefully the arrival date should be this week (starting 17th Oct). Just to let you know as I was a bit out with my previous estimations.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will do One Heart....thank you for passing this information along. May the Lord preform a miracle in her husband's life!

    Amanda, thanks again! Will be keeping an eye out!
    My daughter is so excited:)

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)