Saturday, October 16, 2010

Breaking Free: Failure to Believe God's Unfailing Love

I started this study of Beth Moore's book, "Breaking Free" late January. I purposed to read one chapter every week and allowing Holy Spirit to dig deep into my heart and I asked Him to bring to the surface anything and everything that needs to be dealt with regarding the topic discussed for that week. For God's glory this week has not been any different. Holy Spirit was allowing me to see areas of my life in a different light and with different eyes. At times I can be quick to ask Holy Spirit to reveal my heart to me and when He does, it's not pretty. However, my confidence lies in that I can go to the presence of God and expose my heart (which He already knows) and I am confident in the fact that without a shadow of a doubt He will minister to me and I come out victorious each and every time.

This chapter has me dealing with unbelief. Beth goes on to describe that unbelief is a sickness that plagues the bride, the body of Christ. It is a plague debilitating many a believer. Believing His Word is essential for breaking free.

Psalm 146: 6b - 9
He remains faithful forever, executing justice for the exploited
and giving food for the hungry.
The Lord frees prisoners.
The Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord raises up those who are oppressed.
The Lord loves the righteous.
The Lord protects foreigners and
helps the fatherless and the widow
but He frustrates the ways of the wicked.

What a beautiful expression of just how much God's love can accomplish in the life of those who choose to receive it.

At times, circumstances and happenings have caused me to choose not to believe the Word that God has spoken over my life. And yes, I said choose because unbelief is a choice, it is a deliberate action.

I remember a time when my husband was out of work and I had lost my job suddenly. I remember thinking about bills that needed to get paid....mortgage, car insurance, etc. I had totally disregarded what God said about Him being my Jehovah Jireh...He alone is my provider. My former employer had given me severance pay which was exactly the amount of my salary for the length of time I was without employment. So basically, God gave me three weeks paid vacation! I worried for absolutely nothing. But the serious offense was doubting my Father's divine providence.

The Word is filled with examples of men and women that stepped out in supernatural faith.

This experience did increase my faith and served as an example that I should never doubt God's love for me. He has promised to never leave me and I have seen the manifestation of His promises fulfilled over and over again in my life.

God has proven His truthfulness and loyalty to His Word. However, when unbelief grips us we have to cast it out in the name of Jesus. We should declare what His Word says regarding the situation and speak life to it. The worst thing we could do at that point is doubt the Lord.

Beth shares the following points on pages 212-214:

1. God tells us He loves us. (Deut. 7:8)
2. God demonstrates his love for us. (John 3:16)
3. God thinks about us constantly. (John 17:24)
4. God testifies to others how He loves us. (John 17:23)

God made sure to inscribe his love for us in His Word so that we can always refer to it.

I want to always keep in my mind that belief is not a feeling. It's a choice!

Beloved, let's believe God's proclamation of love for us and walk in that blessing. We can always run to Him when our faith needs to be strengthened. And it's ok, He is there waiting for us and willingly will give us exactly what we need...less of us and more of HIM!


7 comments:

  1. Amen my sister. Lord, help my unbelief. Where ever and what ever is in my heart, that fosters unbelief, in my mindsets and my heart, help me to believe You and Your Word.

    This is timely for me Sydney, so timely.

    God bless you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord helps so often, but the next time we are in need, we always forget about when the Lord last provided. We have such short memories. But sometimes He makes us wait until the last moment to test our faith. We should NEVER doubt him, He loves us to much to not help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your faith, encouragement and important reminder to believe, Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful word. We can't
    receive anything from Him apart
    from believing. All He asks is
    that we come to Him, believing,
    and take all He so graciously
    offers. Pretty wonderful, huh?
    That's Jesus. No wonder we love
    Him so.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I want to live in the victory that the blood of Jesus Christ provided. Unbelief is def. a barrier to receiveing them.

    Let's believe HIM for deliverance and salvation of loved ones, the manifestation of His divine healing, renovation of the minds, restoration of shattered souls, the yolks of bondage to sinful behavior are broken, generational curses are cancelled completely in the name of JESUS!

    According to our faith it shall be done.

    I BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, Sydney. You're right...Faith is a choice, not a feeling. I need to remind myself of that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your comment over at Amanda's. I identify with your thots there. Wanted to meet you. Love the song that is gently wrapping me as I visit. You alone are God, and I surrender!!

    We must learn to walk - believing that it will be OK... Just walk...walk so close behind our Savior that the dust of His sandals settles on our feet.

    blessings
    patrina <")>><
    warrior bride in boots

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)