Friday, September 10, 2010

Updates

I have been "away" the past few weeks mainly because I have been organizing our homeschooling area, preparing our curriculum calendar and just getting started for the 2010/11 school year.


(Husband built this chalkboard for us. My teen picked out the paint and painted it herself)


(We liked the idea of Ikea's Trofast system but thought it to be way to expensive.
So, my husband built this one....This is our interpretation:)

I have put on pause my Breaking Free study. I am def. starting back officially next week. The book has been so motivational in identifying patterns in my life which do not allow me to grow spiritually. I began this book early this year and have been taking my time reading one chapter a week to be able to really dig deep and apply what I am learning. I have set a goal to finish it with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Amanda over at My Secret Garden wrote a timely post, "Testing or Chastening?" which ministered to my spirit greatly. The Lord has been speaking to me regarding many areas of my life that I needed to be away to hear His voice clearly. This ride has been a humbling experience for me and my heart's desire is to grow and learn from this episode in my walk in HIM and confident in the fact that He will work it out for my good and for His glory! I am glad to be back knowing that He who started a good work in me is faithful to fulfill all He has promised!

This month officially ends summer and fall will begin shortly. In turn I will be switching my blog design to correlate with the new beautiful colors that will surround me very soon. I truly enjoy this time of the year for all the different hues that the foliage will produce. I am very much an earth tone gal. My wardrobe clearly represents this statement:)

This weekend our church will be celebrating 13 years of service to the Lord. We are expecting God to do a mighty work in all the hearts who will be present especially all those who have been invited and are not serving the Lord as of yet, to heed to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. Several preachers have been invited and I trust that the Lord has deposited in them the exact Word from His heart to us..His chosen.

Pictures I wanted to share as to what we have been up to these past 3 weeks:



(Enjoyed picking grapes from a vine growing alongside our church)


(Enjoyed bbq with FIC)

(Celebrated a few birthdays/earthday's - niece turned 5, BIL turned well I won't mention that part..lol and a beautful young sister in Christ celebrated her 18th b-day)


I am thankful to have this outlet of communication and especially for all who set aside a moment to visit SBG....

May the Lord bless you and protect you;
The Lord make His face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
The Lord look with favor on you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

7 comments:

  1. Sydney, I have been thinking about you often, wondering how you and your children have been going with the new school year. Your husband is very clever to make the shelves! I need something like that here, to keep all my papers in order.

    Your humilty and grace continue to inspire and bless me. What a special blessing the Lord bestowed upon me, to have met some beautiful blogging sisters. I treasure the things He teaches me through such ones as you. It is all about building His Body strong, whole and healthy. Blogging has done lots of things for my spiritual growth (even through the challenges I face with it).

    Please be assured that when you share, it ministers to others. I can attest to that, personally.

    Bless you as you continue on with your journey.

    ps. I am interested in the Breaking Free book, which I never heard of before your blog. I will look into purchasing a copy for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chalkboard and trofast look great sister. I was wondering what has been happening to the Breaking Free study although I have not been posting myself I have slacked on the study but in the name of Jesus I'll continue to join you or at least comment on your posts :D.... We have been busy over here but I should at least post some of the things we have been up to, blogging has really taken a backseat to the start of homeschooling, but I think that this year will be wonderful for God's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda....
    As always my heart truly rejoices when I read your comments. God is so mindful of me and knows exactly what I need and when:)

    Michelle....
    Please continue reading the book as I know it has been such a blessing to us thus far. I sure want to read what you guys have been up to. esp. see pics of the colors you guys painted the l.r.

    I pray in the name of Jesus that H.S. this year far surpass any of our expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney, I have sent you an email... just in case you don't check your email very often, I wanted to let you know here. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I hope you try out. It's such a sweet way to hold on to their things. I'm such a sap when it comes to my baby girl. I didn't think she would ever come (if you find the My Alice Marie post on my blog it tells a little bit of the story) so everything that it hers is cherished by me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey- so sorry you are having issues with the fabric flower, I will try to make a video of me doing the tutorial but I have never done that before so I can't promise it will be great. I will work on it this week and hopefully have it up by Friday. Sound good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!
    All for lil ol' me? I am so thankful Michelle!!!!

    I will be making the butterfly hair bows this evening. I am excited to see how they will come out:)

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)