Saturday, September 25, 2010

Out and About

On Wednesday, my girls and I enjoyed a very warm day at the zoo. I didn't expect it to be in the 80's but nonetheless we had fun observing the splendor that is God's creation. Every time we go to the zoo I stand in awe of all the different creatures there. Each of them serve a purpose.

The same as us, we all serve a specific purpose within the body of Christ. It is important that we ask the Lord to reveal to us what is our purpose, what is our function so that the body of Christ can operate the way the Lord intended.

Enjoy the pictures of our trip.



(The bison were relaxing in the sun)


(My teen took this picture. Not sure what kind of flower it is but isn't is beautiful?)


(The seal swimming about)


(This is the baby out of the bunch.
She spent most of the time on the rocks observing)










(The seals were our favorite site to see. They sure did put on a show for us!)


(My daughter gazing at the beauty of the works of God's hands)





God saw all that He had made, and it was very good.
Genesis 1: 31a

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are great Sydney... are the first ones flamingoes? We don't have flamingoes here in Australia.

    I love the flower, and indeed all the photos. The seals, well, they are my favourite too.

    What a lovely day out with the children... enjoying all the things God has made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are flamingos. They were eating while I was taking the pictures and there were quite a few of them that were sleeping...while they were standing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such a unique colour, with unusual feathers... they almost don't look real! lol

    Sydney, I want to display your button on my sidebar, but it is not displaying well... check out my 'Friends with buttons' page (link is on the side bar), to see what I mean. I remember you saying you will be redoing your blog soon, so I was going to wait for your new button. Just thought I would mention this...maybe the code (dimensions) needs to be tweaked or something? I am happy to display it as it is, but it is not very clear is all.

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Great Amanda, thank you so much. I am working on another design for my blog along with a new button because I def. agree with you about the fuzzy look of it.

    Hopefully I would have it up soon!
    Thanks again...you have been such a sweet and unexpected blessing to me:)

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)