Saturday, September 25, 2010

Counting My Blessings

1. Checked out easy hair bow tutorials at Land of the Misfit Toyz ...and was inspired to create these for my baby!



2. My husband built (2) bookcases out of this:



One for our h.s. area and the other is in my bedroom for some of my crafting goodies:)



3. Went to Michael's Craft store with Karen and happened to walk in on a Cricut demo and enjoyed making this:

(I am planning to put pictures of my girls here)

also purchased these goodies for a future project:


4. My mom invited us to dinner on Saturday and made a delicious shrimp ceviche. I am not really into seafood but my mom makes this particular dish so good I couldn't resist!

5. I received a free copy of "America: The Story of Us" in the mail. It is an awesome h.s. resource with hours of American history facts. My husband really enjoyed seeing the wealth of information.


6. My mother gave me some of our family albums she had in her home. They include baby pictures of my sisters and I, but the best pictures are pictures of my parents from about 35 years ago. I can't believe just how much I resemble my mom!

7. Our Co-Pastor and his family paid a visit to our home. We ate, we laughed, we prayed...it was a blessing!

8. My husband took a day off of work and SLEPT!

9. My girls and I headed out to the Bronx Zoo. The seals were my favorite part. My baby stood in awe of these magnificent creatures.





10. Found a great craft idea here and voila!



11. A BIC sent me an email that ministered my spirit. Thank you Lord for the brotherly love you deposit in us for one another. I am thankful that He obeyed the prompting of Holy Spirit.

12. My first attempt at a typical Ecuadorian dish named "llapingacho". My mom was invited and gave her approval at the dish:)



13. Service was beautiful last night. The Word ministered my heart. There are consequences to sin. But our God is a God of restoration and mercy. Have mercy on me, Lord!

I am certain that I will see the Lord's goodness
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be courageous and let your heart be strong.
Wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27: 13-14

14. Received some awesome news last night which I will share shortly:)

15. My sister Karen sent me some funny text messages. She has such a humorous heart!



3 comments:

  1. Sydney, I love seals too! I saw a few swimming wild in New Zealand, and sunning themselves on the rocks... I could have watched them for hours!

    The dish you made looks delicious! And the baby's bows are simply gorgeous.

    I loved reading about your blessings... they are all wonderful. Every single one.

    God is so wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the adult seals were swimming the baby stood out of the way and laid on the rocks, but when it was feeding time she rushed to get her portion as well. She was just to cute.

    I started crafting back when I was planning my wedding and created the centerpieces and some other decorations. What I enjoy the most is being able to include my teen and she enjoys crafting as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I loved crafting together as well! It is a beautiful time between mother and daughter isn't! One of favourite things to do when she was 13 and 14, was scrapbooking. We used to incorporate going to the local scrapping shop, participating in the lessons, as her 'Art' classes. We made so many pages and loved the interaction with the other ladies too.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)