Friday, August 13, 2010

Counting My Blessings

I have been somewhat off in my posts being that this past week was full of birthdays and church events. But I do not want to forget to Count my Blessings!

1. This week has been amazing in that the Holy Spirit had us calling out for repentance and restoration in our Tuesday prayer service. I believe that the Lord heard our cry and has responded!

2. My baby had a slight fever. My husband and I woke up at around 3am layed hands and prayed that by Jesus' stripes she was healed and to no surprise a few moments later....no fever. Praise Jesus!

3. My cousins son who got into some trouble was given another opportunity this week. I hope that he can recognize God's hand in it all.

4. My sis came over for a visit with her girls. It is always so lovely to have them over and see her little one play and laugh.

5. My teen daughter is so giving. She is always willing to help even when I don't ask her for it. Thank you Lord because you've deposited in her a servant's heart. May she know that it is all for your glory!

6. My teen and I have started reading the Power of a Praying Teen together and I am thankful because Holy Spirit's precious love has overflowed in our conversations and I am grateful tat my daughter has been so open with me. It's only you, LORD!

7. My SIC Michelle blessed my Geni with some yummy treats!

8. My husband's boss gave such a thoughtful gift to our baby for her birthday:)

9. I was able to get my husband an amazing brown corduroy blazer on sale!

10. I am in awe in all that the Lord has been doing in my home and in my marriage the last few weeks. I am praying that it all works out for our good! God, your love is incredible!

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord sis for what He is doing in your life....you can't forget that Princess Geni gave me some love in church....it must be the belly!...j/k I know it's only the Lord!

    I pray that she enjoys her treats... oh btw I was loving Kianna's headband on thursday I forgot to compliment her on it. She is def. one of my fave!

    May the Lord continue to bless you and your blessed family.

    In Christ,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney, what a blessing to read about the unity and Holy Spirit at work in your precious family. I love the sound of your ladies meeting too. When hearts are hungry and thirsty for the Living God, earnestly seeking Him, He will not disappoint.

    I am blessed to read about your daughter's servant heart. Not many children do things for their parents these days, without whinging and complaining, so she is definitely a blessing to you and to the family of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful to see how God is working in your teenage daughter's life! She is being equipped and grounded for a steady walk with Him later in her adult years. That's great about your baby's fever disappearing! Praise God that she has parents who know that Jesus heals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your comments!

    Let me tell you that is was def. the Lord leading you to write to me. I thank the Lord that you obey the prompts of precious Holy Spirit.

    May He continue to be a light unto your feet and may He always guide your paths to HIS righteousness!

    Be blessed ladies of the LORD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sydney, I have said it before, but I want to say it again. You have been such a blessing to me. Your heart and love and passion for Him is what I see and appreciate so much, as a sister in Christ, and a blogging friend. You don't realise how much the Lord uses you to speak to my heart, about many things. Things that you don't necessary speak about, but it radiates from you. He speaks to me about those things as well, and I love it when He brings others across my path, whom He delights in. I learn much this way... yes, even via the blogging world lol.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)