Monday, August 23, 2010

Breaking Free: God's Rule is Right

But my salvation will last forever,
My righteousness will never fail.
Isaiah 51:6

Almighty God did not design us to be self-sufficient. He created us to require authority so that we may desire to live safely under His rule. Satan wants to deceive us by thinking that we are our own boss and that we can accomplish our goals in our own strengths.

Believing that God's rule is right requires faith and trust. Faith to know that He alone is God and that He has worked it all out for our good.

In the book of Job, chapter 38 and on the Lord speaks sternly to Job. The Lord goes on to pose Job a list of questions which are meant to give Job the understanding that God is omniscient, omnipotent, all powerful. God doesn't need our advice or our input on anything that has to do with us. He is more than capable to resolve it ALL on our behalf.

The ending of this book brings so much hope to my heart because Job sees his own humanity and how frail and momentary man is.

If you have questioned that the Lord's rule is right repent like Job in chapter 42:6 "Therefore I take back my words and repent in dust and ashes." It took much humility on Job's part to admit his own life is but a breath.

I am determined to break free from any thought that I have to figure anything out on my own.
I put my trust in the Lord.
He alone is worthy!


Slide1

4 comments:

  1. Sis I so enjoyed this chapter I admit I have been slacking on keeping up with the study, but you will never know how much I really needed to read this chapter and at this time in my life. I great was this chapter esp. pair with yesterday's preaching. Lord you always amazed me! He is always right, He is soverign, He is God!

    Stay blessed sis
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Sydney... many actually think they have freedom to forge their own path in life and create of promising future for themselves. Self-sufficiency. It is a major ploy of the enemy. Many of these don't know the Lord, and yet, many a Christian still suffers these mindsets.

    Great post... it got me checking myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, I decided to answer your question about my camera over here at your place.

    It is a Panasonic Lumix TZ10. I really researched it out because I am not a great photographer. I wanted a compact digital camera that had a great lens and from my research, this is the one of the best out of the compacts.

    It has some many features but there were a few I particularly wanted, such as a 'stabiliser' (for my shaky hand), zoom (it has a 12 x zoom which is good for a compact camera), and it has Intelligent auto, which works out the settings of the camera needed for the shot.

    Howver, I set the moon shot. It was taken using the 'night scenery' function. It even has a function for pets! lol I am really happy with the quality of pictures it takes and how it retains the colours so perfectly! Many of them don't.

    http://lumix.panasonic.com.au/products/Lumix/Camera/DMC-tz10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sydney! It is the 1st of September today, officially Spring in Australia! It is such a lovely day, and I was thinking about you. I just wanted to send some 'love' your way. Hope all is well, no doubt busy, in your household!

    Blessings to you sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)