Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Breaking Free: God's Right to Rule

I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
Isaiah 46:9

These past few chapters have me focusing on obedience.

When we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior His Holy Spirit comes to dwell in us and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom (2 Cor. 3:17). If we are not experiencing His freedom....are we being obedient....in everything?

The author states a very interesting question: "Have you ever noticed that you can experience freedom in one part of your life and remain in bondage in another?"

Sometimes we allow the Lord's freedom to manifest in our lives while simply holding on to other areas and not allowing HIM access.

The answer to true freedom is quite simple. The answer is withholding HIM absolutely nothing. To remain completely transparent and allowing HIM to refine us and to remove all impurities that serve as a stumbling block to receive and live in HIS absolute freedom.

This past Sunday the Lord reminded me of this chapter. I cried out to the Lord that we may always have a Potter/clay relationship. Christ obeyed the Potter. As a man, Christ obeyed His Father. Christ uttered let your will be done! Jesus was committed to God's right to rule and knew that His rule is right. I want to allow the Lord to be the Potter and submit to HIM as the clay. I want to obey His right to rule in my life.

God's rule is right!

Let Him rule....

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sydney... a wonderfully challenging post.

    This spoke to my heart especially:

    "If we are not experiencing His freedom....are we being obedient....in everything?"

    The Word says obedience is better than sacrifice. I find some things easy to be obedient in, and other things can be a real struggle. I want total freedom, in Jesus Name!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)