Monday, August 2, 2010

Celebrate

As this day prepares to end, I cannot help but be thankful.
Thankful that today, is my 32nd birthday.

As I was walking to the supermarket with my 13yr. old, I was mentioning to her how I had such a lovely day with my girls. I went on to tell her that while I was in the world, I would have spent this day rather differently. How grateful am I that in Jesus all things are made new.

In that moment I recalled the countless times that I knew it was just the Lord's mercy and love for me that kept the devil's hand from taking my life.

I am grateful...

I had two different SIC declare this verse today which I'd like to share (they didn't know that the other had this verse for me):

For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, He will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

Thank you Lord,
Thank you because although you were not in my plans I was in yours,
Thank you because you loved me first,
Thank you because you kept me from harm,
Thank you because you have called me to be Yours,
Thank you for your precious son Jesus and Holy Spirit that lives in me,

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday my precious SIC!!! How special that you now celebrate them in Christ!

    Your heart, speaks to me of one who values her salvation, Her Lord, above all things. I am so blessed He called you to His Kingdom, to partake of His holiness, His love.

    I really loved that prayer too... Beautiful! Amen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely blessing.

    I certainly cannot forget where the Lord rescued me from...therefore my desire is to be able to always recognize that it has always been HIM.

    HIS mercy over my life...HIS mighty hand sustaining me when I didn't even know HIM.

    Thank you Lord!!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)