Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Women's Retreat Part I: Let Your Cup Overflow

I want to share the message that the Lord gave the women of my church during our women's retreat this past weekend.

Below is an image of oil being poured into a cup and the cup overflowing.
That was the theme of the retreat: LET YOUR CUP OVERFLOW!



The Lord gave the elder's of our church every last detail of what HE wanted to remind us of during this special time apart with HIM. One of the the specific words that the Lord gave was RE-EVALUATE! As children of God we must be evaluating and re-evaluating our walk with HIM. We must be checking our hearts and see if we have left any room for the enemy to introduce and plant any seeds of bitterness, anger, hurt, jealousy, etc.


When we come to Christ this is how we come to HIM.
Follow me on this and you will surely be blessed!
We are contaminted with all our past deeds, hurts, disappointments, etc.



The jug of water represents the Word of GOD.

~ Ephesians 5:26 "to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the WORD."



As we apply more of the WORD of God in our lives...not only reading it but by obeying and living it out..soon we are be cleansed!

"You are already clean because of the Word I have spoken to you." ~ John 15:3


With our constant searching for the LORD our cup will be overflowing...
However, there is still one outstanding issue that has not been dealt with.
You see those rocks at the bottom of the cup?

Those rocks represent roots of bitterness that corrupt and do not permit us to live that abundant life...


Did you notice that as were are seeking the Lord's divine intervention in removing these "rocks" out of our lives...there is now space in the cup?

We have to now fill ourselves with more of the Word of GOD and maintain our liberation!



If we are not careful and mindful of our daily walk with the LORD...look at what can happen.

"A little bit of yeast works through the whole batch of dough." ~ Galatians 5:9


If we are not constantly watching and praying this is where we can soon find ourselves....

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." ~ Galatians 5:1

This verse clearly state that the possibility does exist to be enslaved again after being liberated.


I thank the Lord, for HIS Words of caution. His perfect love for us is so evident...He does not want us to remain the same. HIS Son Jesus Christ paid the price for our freedom.

Let's be RE-EVALUATING!

Are you removing those rocks?

"If I tell the righteous man that he will surely live, but then he trusts in his righteousness and does evil, none of the righteous things he has done will be remembered; he will die for the evil he has done." ~ Ezekial 33:13

"Then you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free." ~ John 8:32

"I tell you the truth, everyone who sin is a slave to sin" ~ John 8:34


3 comments:

  1. That is an excellent illustration Sydney! It sounds like a fruitful time at your women's retreat! I love times away with the Lord, like this.

    I know these things to be so (eg going back into bondage etc), because it is also explained in the parable of the sower who sowed seed. Matt 13:1-7. The Word also says to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

    If we do not deal with the issues as they arise in our hearts, they will choke out the Seed planted in us, and take over. These issues, such as jealousy, bitterness etc, are not new in us, they are often deep-rooted seeds that He wants to free us from.

    It all comes down to our heart's desire doesn't it?! Do we want to be obedient, and free? Do we want to be more like Him? Do we want Him enough, that we fight the good fight?

    This is a very timely message for me, and a great reminder... thank you posting it for us to ponder.

    Blessings!!

    ps. I am a big Jesus Culture fan!! We play their songs all the time for our worship and praise, at home and at church. We are a small church body, so we don't have a worship team in place as yet... so we use a lot of their clips/songs for our worship time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key is to deal with whatever may be impeeding our growth and revelation of who Jesus is in our lives. I have to ask myself am I enjoy the life in abundance that Jesus came to give me? If not, I have to be checking if rocks have accumulated while I was entertained with something else.

    I do not want to get sidetracked as to what the real purpose is..to have a clean and pure heart so when the trumpet sounds I can be carried off to the lover of my soul....my Shepard KING!

    Help me LORD to keep my eyes fixed on YOU!
    Reveal my heart to me HOLY SPIRIT...I do not want to deceive myself.
    In the name of Jesus...I ask my Father...with the help of HOLY SPIRIT!

    PS...Amanda...I was reading a post on a lovely blog and heard the song "Where you Go I Go" I had to look them up....anointed...is all I can say:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sydney, amen! I love your heart's cry, your passion!

    Yes, very anointed!! That song, "Where you go I go" is one of my very favourites! Along with "Holy"...
    Another beautiful and powerful song, is "You won't Relent"...listen out for that one too! Oh, have to mention "Come into your Garden". That just carries me away into the heavenlies lol.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)