Monday, July 5, 2010

Chapter 26: To Be Fruitful

This chapter Beth states that most people feel content if only..they were married, had the perfect job, had x amount of children, the perfect house of their dreams they would be "happy". They definitely have the wrong mind set since if they would be able to obtain these things sooner or later they would still feel discontentment. They long for something that no one or nothing materialistic that can possibly fill that empty void. They may not even know it but that void in their lives can only be fulfilled by Jesus occupying that special place that is reserved for HIM and only HIM!

I, too fell into this very trap. I thought once I had my own home, a certain income, etc. that I would be genuinely happy. However, I wasn't. I still longed for satisfaction that only came through receiving Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and having an intimate relationship with HIM.

This week we are asked:

How does fruitfulness look in your life? If you don't believe your life is fruitful, what do you think is causing it?

Fruitfulness in my life is my desire to continue. To press on ahead. Not to stay stuck where I am at in this particular moment in time but to know that in HIM there is so much more. Our GOD is infinite. There is hope in HIM.

HIS Word is such an inspiration to press on. If I remain in HIM and HIM in me then I will bear fruit and HIS Word states not only that but MUCH fruit!

4 comments:

  1. I think that's the key-to keep on pressing on with the conviction that we will bear that fruit in due season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what happened to my comment but...
    That's the key to continue to press on in the Lord with the confidence that at the right time (His time), we will produce good fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly love John 15... about abiding in the vine. I desire to be fruitful for Him too! He is looking for good fruit in us, as that is the reflection of His character and nature in our lives.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)