Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Breaking Free: Upside Down

"Woe to the rebellious children!" This is the Lord's declaration. "They carry out a plan not Mine, They make an alliance, but against My will, piling sin on top of sin." Isaiah 30:1

Chapter 28 deals with: Rebelliousness.

Rebelliousness is the manifestation of a problem that goes much deeper than just choosing not to obey. It is a pattern of behavior that surfaces due to a root issue which must be yanked out. How? Through prayer and fasting the Lord reveals our condition and His Word and precious Holy Spirit heals.

I realized that my rebelliousness was a manifestation of childhood abuse. As an adult I never wanted to feel that helpless or vulnerable. I didn't want to feel that any other person had control over me. Situations that occurred to me as a child created a disastrous cocktail of emotions that over time were bound to explode. Explode I did....and others paid the consequence. As a result of childhood let downs rage and anger along with rebelliousness manifested in my life. I rebelled against God's authority and my husband's authority as the head of the house. Coming to Christ and receiving the Holy Spirit's ministration wasn't as easy as confessing because to me it meant reliving painful moments in my life. But I can testify that when I confessed I was healed. When I chose not to speak sin was eating away at me. The Lord opened my eyes to let me see the importance of confessing and allowing the Lord to heal. I didn't have to carry around the hurt and the pain that created this rebellious woman. I was set free and now am a new creature for the glory of God.

This chapter also has us reflecting the high price for rebellion. Yes, their are consequences to acts of disobedience. The last few weeks the Lord has been reminding me the high price that was paid for the forgiveness of my sins...for my redemption. He has been telling me in more ways than one that I am a child of God and that I must be a doer of the Word and not a hearer only, deceiving myself (James 1:22).

I am truly thankful because His mercy seat is there for me and you to run to.

This chapter illustrates several characteristics of a rebellious child of God:

1. A rebellious child of God does not act like a child of God.
2. A rebellious child of God isn't willing to listen to the Lord's instruction.
3. A rebellious child of God prefers pleasant illusions over truth.
4. A rebellious child of God relies on oppression.

Are you able to relate to any of the above? All of the above?

If any or all of the above describe you, do not feel that you are a hopeless case. There is nothing impossible with our GOD! He is an expert, as one preacher put it...in "recycling" human beings.

If we humble ourselves, pray and seek His face, and turn from our evil ways...He will hear from Heaven, forgive our sins and heal our shattered hearts.



3 comments:

  1. Firstly, I LOVE your new blog design! So fresh and feminine!

    This is such a fantastic post Sydney. I really thank you for it. Rebellion is in all of us to some degree or another, and we must take care to not become complacent about it. It can simply be not wanting to deal with an issue, or an area in our lives where we want to do our own thing. I have these issues, that's for sure.

    How encouraging is 1 John 1:9! It ties in with your points about confessing.

    I like what that preacher said, about recycling humans. What a good point!

    Blessings to you. I am so glad I found your blog because it truly inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to change my blog design for some time now. I wanted something more colorful and bright. My sister reminded me a few weeks back that as a child I was always laughing and giggling. I would make funny faces and would always be joking around. Along the rough road of my life I lost my laugh and my "silliness".

    However, I am reclaiming my joy and my laughter in the name of JESUS!

    Romans 5:20b says, "But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant." (NLT)

    Thank you for your grace Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for what he is reveling and doing in us.
    I want to remain transparent and in total dependency of his grace. I don't want to be rebellious, I need all the obstacles to be remove in Jesus name.
    ( we need to truly die so He can truly live)

    I like your new design, it is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)