Thursday, July 1, 2010

Breaking Free: To Be Beautiful

This chapter has us contemplating our image of beauty. Being in Christ, knowing that I do not have to conform to this vain image of what a woman should look like just reminds me that God created me in HIS image.
Since I was about 9 I have been wearing glasses. My parents did not make me feel like I was any less beautiful than my sisters who didn't wear them. I remember my mom allowing me to pick out my own frames and even lense color (one year I chose blue frames with light blue tinted lenses...:)
As soon as I turned fourteen I asked my mom to buy me contact lenses because I wanted to ditch my glasses. I lost weight and there I was...my view of beauty. The next year I started high school and I looked totally different than what many remembered.
My image of beauty was shaped and molded of images I noticed in the world. However, now that I have been exposed to the truth of true beauty through the Word of God I now understand that that is all fleeting. The beauty that is considered in the world is so momentary.

This weeks questions to ponder:

Do you feel beautiful? If so, what makes you feel beautiful? If not, what makes you feel un-beautiful?

I pray about this area especially since most of the time I feel beautiful when I have my contacts on and not wearing my glasses. However, when I am home I wear my glasses and my husband actually prefers when I do and his comments make me feel beautiful!

I continually present this area of my life to the Lord because I am sure that does not please HIM.

TRUE BEAUTY:

"Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."
~ 1 Peter 3: 1-6

Help me Lord, to live up to your view of a truly beautiful woman. I want to be able to always reflect you. I am here, LORD!

2 comments:

  1. Although I know that beauty-true beauty has nothing to do with my physical appearance, I don't want to slack in that area either b/c you know me, I can get pretty comfortable really quick...head wrap and uniform...HA!

    Biblical submission is what I want, because it will not fade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen....to have heart willing to submit to God's will and Word.

    Help me Lord!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)