Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Breaking Free: Hearts Broken By Betrayal

What has to die in you, so that you may see Christ resurrected in you?

"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth. When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls." (1 Peter 2:22-25)

This picture portrayed a decision Jesus made to suffer in silence is humbling to say the very least. I can think back on moments where I felt insulted and when I suffered and did not respond the way the Master did. When did it become more about how I feel and how things are affecting me? When I take my eyes and fix them on anything that does not draw me closer to my Savior...the focus is no longer on HIM but on me.

It is extremely easy to say that everything in me needs to decrease so that He may increase in me. But that is how simple it truly IS! Before I was a slave to sin, but now in Christ, I have to offer myself as a slave to righteousness (Romans 6:15-23).

Sin or not to sin
Death or Life
Flesh or Spirit
Me or Jesus

No if's, and's, or but's..it has to be either about HIM or me.

Daily I have to make a choice.
I choose Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Me and the girls were talking about this same thing in Health class tonight...developing Christ's character is a daily decision. Lord help us to choose YOU!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)