Monday, April 5, 2010

Breaking Free: Touring the Ancient Ruins

This week's chapter had me visit the ancient ruins of my life.

A moment ago...before I started to write this post I was viewing pictures of my trip to Ecuador back in October. I viewed pictures of my grandmother who will soon celebrate her 95th earthday God willing. As I looked at her face the Lord allowed me to get a glimpse of the long and at times hard life my grandmother lived.

Through stories I have heard from my mother and other family members there were more stories of hardships lived than loving memories made. As I sat here and recalled family tales of woes....broken hearts, failed relationships, teen mothers, almost everyone being born out of wedlock and other generational curses made me realize the blessing that all things are made new through Jesus Christ.

However, it did make me realize that I went down the same road in many ways that my grandmother and mother went down. Although, I definitely do not boost on the decisions I made I do glorify the Lord because I have been able to see how HE has used that part of my life to draw me to HIM.

Trophy case? Trash can? Well, to start, the day I accepted Jesus Christ into my life would definitely be something to proudly display in my trophy case. Passing down an inheritance to my children of the saving grace of Jesus Christ....an inheritance that will never cease to end but only culminating with a ever more present relationship with our Lord is definitely trophy worthy!

Now, the trash can...ME! I don't mean that I am not worth anything but like Paul said in Philippians 3:8 (NLT), "Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ."

Anything that I may think I have acquired through my own strength in the trash...any and all idols in my heart and mind in the trash....feelings of doubt, fear, and resentment in the trash.

All generational curses...IN THE TRASH...in the name of Jesus!!!

I thank the Lord that the blood of Jesus broke all generational curses!

2 comments:

  1. After I looked at my long trash list, I was rejoicing of all the Lord has freed me from for His Glory! He makes us new creatures indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sydney, I reflect on my bad past and I just shudder with disgust and I know that the Lord used it to build a tremendous testimony against the enemy and for all to see the transforming power of God! I am pleased to know that you have experienced this too. Blessings to you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)