Sunday, April 25, 2010

Breaking Free: Surveying the Ancient Ruins

Read Proverbs 31:10-31. I suggest reading it in as many different versions as you can. And choose one skill/area/verse you want to focus on to rebuild the ancient ruins.

I ask myself, "Does she do all of this in one day?", "Is this what her days consist of?" She is a busy woman then. It is evident that her desire is to provide for her family. To make sure that all their daily needs are met. She is anything but idle (V.27) a woman who definitely makes the most of her time. An attribute worthy of imitation.

Moving along, the verse that stood out to me:

"Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." (Prov 31: 11-12 NLT)

I strive to be the helpmate of my husband that the Lord created me to be. I want the Lord to continue to cultivate the confidence that my husband can feel free to speak to me about anything. In the beginning of our marriage my husband would confess to me certain things and I would condemn him with the Word instead of encouraging him with the Word. I have since learned that I am here to always listen but not always speak.

My sister once told me that she wants to be her husband's biggest cheerleader. And I want to be that to my husband as well. I want to be their to encourage and uplift him. I want to edify and build my home..the home and family the Lord has blessed me with.

I understand that our marriage must reflect the love the Lord has for the church.

Are we there yet?
We are striving daily.
Are we on our way?
We sure ARE!

In the name of JESUS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister, I was taught that when we see our husband we must see them first as brothers in Christ and then our spouse, with this in mind it completely changed my perspective, instead of trying to see a flaw in him and hurt by things he confesses I have to be ready to uplift and bring hope to him through the One in whom there is hope, restoration and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sisters! I'm loving it!!!! Our minds are being renewed with the Word of God and our hearts ministered. I can testify that I've seen God's glory in both of your marriages:)

    I was so convicted about Proverbs 31:12
    She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her.
    That is so serious and such a commitment. God help me!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)