Monday, April 12, 2010

Breaking Free: The Ancient Boundary Stone

This chapter has us digging deep into boundaries and the importance of not stepping outside of the Lord's divine protection. Me, as a parent, I set-up rules in my home for the guidance of my children and ultimately to align their actions to God's Word since His word is ultimately the light to our path which will certainly discover any stumbling stones in our walk with HIM.

God's Word, HIS commandments are our ultimate boundary stone. If our lives are not a mirror image, a reflection of God's Word than we have left the protection of God's boundary and we are easy prey for sin.

This weeks assignment entailed answering the following questions:

Looking back at your ancient ruins, what are some boundaries you want to create for you, your marriage, your children, so that when they tour their ancient ruins they don't find what you did. You can do this individually or with your spouse. Come up with at least 5 boundaries and you might want to include why this is an important boundary for you. Pray about it and ask Holy Spirit to guide you.


1. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." - John 14:15

The desire of my heart for my family and myself would be for us all to be able to say in truth that we love the Lord because we do obey HIS Word. I do not want it to become Christianese in us...just taught phrases that we say instead of full hearted convictions that we have and live according to what we say.

2. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6

Don't cry about it...PRAY about it!!!!

To me, this is so crucial. In the beginning of my walk with the Lord I noticed that I was very emotional (part of my ancient ruin). Crying served as an emotional release and a way of me dealing with upsets. I have since learned that yes, it is ok to cry especially when moved by the Holy Spirit...but I'd rather pray about my situation. I'd rather spend my time focusing on the Lord than weeping as if there is no hope in my GOD.

In particular I remember an incident when my husband and I were first married, we had a disagreement. I remember being on the floor of my bedroom crying. I mean crying! I felt the Holy Spirit saddened in me. I immediately started to pray and instantly I felt such a burden lift off of me. I cried, out to the Lord this time, and I saw HIS hand immediately move and heal.

I want to instill in my children the hope their is in Jesus. When a situation arises that they may seek the true will of God and to know that we are strengthened in prayer...In HIS presence.

3. "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." - Numbers 7:14

There is so much food in this verse that it can be a post all in it self however, for our intents and purpose:

The key word in this verse to me is humble. The opposite of humility is pride.
We know that the Lord hates pride (Prov 8:13) and surely destruction follows it (Prov 16:18). I want to be able to have a humble spirit to respect God...my husband and delegated authorities in the body of Christ as well as secular authorities and instill these attributes in my children.

4. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16

Always revert back to God's WORD........

5. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

The love of God, and of our neighbor will help us endure each others weaknesses and faults, not only for a time, but to the end. And in every step toward overcoming evil with good, it is kind and gentle. In love we should not hastily condemn any one or pass a severe sentence on a slight or sudden view of things.

I want to be able to love the way Jesus loved with the intervention on the Holy Spirit I want to instill LOVE in my children.

I know that my children are influenced more by my actions than my Words. I want to instill in them with the help of the LORD a legacy of a God fearing child that walked according to God's Word and if we do stumble and fall He is available...HE welcomes us back to HIM.

In HIM all things are possible.....I praise you JESUS!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Sometimes we can forget to keep it simple and go back to the basics. We can really make things more complicated than need be. I really likes the way you summed it all up using Scriptures. God's Word must be the foundation!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)