Monday, March 1, 2010

Wedding Anniversary



Today my husband and I recognize the day the Lord united us for HIS purpose...for HIS glory.

I can say that without a doubt the Lord's hand has been in our marriage from the very beginning. The Lord showed me that I would not be able to be a good wife and have a successful marriage in Him without submitting first to the Lord's will which meant submitting to my husband. It was no easy task for me in the beginning of our marriage. I thought I had all the answers...all the right ideas and would refuse to hear anything to the contrary. So many times when I would lose my peace and cry out to the Lord in almost a physical agony because of my disobedience my husband lovingly could comfort me and remind me that in the Lord there is hope and forgiveness.

His love and most of all his patience has been such a testimony of his love and faith in the Lord. I am so thankful and grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the husband that He has. I am so in love with the man that I have seen the Lord shape and mold my husband into.

I thank the Lord for the peace and understanding that He has cultivated in our marriage. I am in awe of all the things the Lord has done, is doing and will continue to do in our marriage for HIS glory and honor!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

The Lord has ministered me so much on truly loving my husband in these verses!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! May the Lord continue to bless your marriage and multiply His love, unity, communication, joy, peace, communication, and respect for one other. We love you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Praise the Lord
    May His presence, love, guidance, peace and joy
    continue to be the perfect link in your marriage.
    With God and time it will only get better.
    one verse that teach me a lot is that when we humble ourselves God will exalt us. 2 Peter 5:6

    we love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! The Lord has def. taken you and brother on a wonderful journey. I pray that every year you guys grow more in Him and closer to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sisters for the wonderful blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)