Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Breaking Free: Obstacle of Legalism

1. What causes legalism to manifest in your life?
Thoughts that anything I do is worth more or can possibly please God more than what Jesus already did at the cross for me.

2. How does legalism manifest in your life?
Thoughts like, "Wow, Syd, I can't believe you did it again." Thoughts of self-condemnation. Going over and over again in my mind what I could've, should've done.

3. How has legalism hurt you from being free?
In my marriage I felt that there were things that I as the woman of the house was supposed to do. For example, ALL the chores around the house I thought that my tween and I would handle all of them. Little did I know that I would burn out very soon with that burden that I put upon myself.

Since the birth of my daughter, I am now a stay-at-home-mom and have noticed all the many more things that require attention in the home. I so wanted to ask for help from my husband but refused to because of this legalistic point of view. Nowadays it is very different. My husband helps out in the home with the laundry, helps feed and clothe the baby and other tasks that I may need some help with. He was always very caring and thoughtful in the area of helping around the home but again I took it all upon myself when I didn't have to. Don't get me wrong I take care of most of the chores around the home but when I feel I need some additional help I am no longer feeling that I shouldn't ask because he's the "man" of the house.

1 comment:

  1. I know that the Lord has dealt with my pride regarding asking for help and not trying to be super woman! I don't have to be able to do it all because Jesus already said "It is finished." Aleluya!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)