Monday, March 1, 2010

Breaking Free: Chapter 8 H.W

Read Mark 6:1-6 and Matthew 8:5-13.
After reading these Bible passages, do you think Jesus is more amazed at your unbelief or your faith? Why?

In my bible version it states that Jesus was amazed in both instances. However, there was a clear and significant difference. The centurion had such a faith that he stated that He believed that the Lord had the ability to cure his servant without stepping foot into his home. Wow! That's faith.

I asked my husband the question and his answer would be that the Lord is more amazed at his unbelief. He stated that for example when the Lord asks him to believe in His divine providence according to Matthew 6:25-34 then he should not waiver in his faith because God does not lie. Every promise in the Bible are for His children and will come to pass not because of anything we have done or any quality that we may posses but simply because His Word binds a covenant between Himself and those who believe in His Word.

In my walk with the Lord, I think that Jesus is more amazed at my belief. In certain situations in my life it was been much easier for me to doubt and let the doubt manifest in my words and actions. It has definitely taken more of me to muster up faith than to display disbelief. When I am confronted in a situation I clearly hear the Lord telling me to simply believe. Believe HIM. Believe HIS Word. With the help of the Holy Spirit I am then able to step out in faith and trust completely in who His Word says He is and who I am in HIM.

The Lord knows everything about me. He knows my heart. He knows that I am a weaker vessel, an imperfect being. I would like to think that He is amazed, smiling at me with love and looking at me with tenderness like when a father sees his child overcoming an obstacle triumphantly, when I read His Word and believe HIM and act out in that belief!

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I love that His Word is truly our food. If we're feasting on Him, we have no need to doubt or fear. He is the Great I AM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings Sydney. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you from FF..I hope you have a great Friday..
    http://tatumsreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine,

    May the Lord continue to bless and strengthen you in HIS presence. Peace and grace be always with you!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)