Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter 7: To Enjoy God's Presence

What is the most satisfying part of your relationship with God?

There are many different aspects of my relationship with God that I find satisfying.

I agree with Karen a 100% that His voice is such a sweet part of our covenant relationship. I truly feel like David when he recognized the sinful condition of the fallen man that he declared "what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?". What an experience it is to be able to communicate with God knowing that He hears me and it pleases Him to speak His loving Word of life to me.

There have been times when I would turn a deaf ear to His guidance and Word. I have since come to appreciate His tender words to me as much as His correction recognizing that He knows whats best concerning my life.

"....the sheep hear His voice; and He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when He brings out his own sheep, He goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice" John 10: 3-4

I would have to say that ONE of the most satisfying parts of my walk with the Lord has been HIS correction.

On many an occasion the Lord has brought correction to my life. At the time already having been revealed the glory of HIS Word through the mercy and grace of HIM who left it for me still decided to walk contrary to it. Out of pure mercy and love HE brought me back to HIM. At the time I was not able to appreciate the correction. I felt hurt and somewhat abandoned by HIM. I felt and acted like a child kicking and screaming that it wasn't "fair".

As time passed, also came the understanding that only because He loves me that He corrects me when I am in error or heading in down the wrong path. I can now appreciate the correction which comes from Him personally, His Holy Spirit bringing conviction to my life, His Word admonishing me, a word from my husband (this one used to really bother me), a brother or sister in Church (I remember the first time an elder brought correction to my life..boy! did I have something to say about it...it was nothing good though). I would think, "Why doesn't God speak to me directly instead of telling someone else?" But it wasn't that the Lord was trying to embarrass me or point the finger, He was trying to get my attention being that He already spoke to me about the issue but I would not head to His voice.

I can now see that is was and still is God correcting me and warning me. Now I can say that I am truly thankful for it.

"I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him..... But my love will never be taken away from him" ~ 2 Samuel 7: 14-15

1 comment:

  1. Receiving His correction is so wonderful. He loves us way TOO much to let us stay the same. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)