Monday, February 15, 2010

Breaking Free: Chapter 6 H.W.

Name a specific and recent situation in which you did not have peace? What did it reveal about your heart?

This past Friday, there were many things I was trying to accomplish. Maybe to many for one night. My husband and I got a late start on the list of chores. However, I still wanted to get some things done. My husband suggests that he go do the laundry..excellent I thought. My daughter and I started on the kitchen then proceeded to the dining room and living room.

We took a break to have dinner and then proceeded with our tasks. After dinner it was about 10:30pm. My husband was visibly tired...and so was I. However, I tried to encourage the family and we kept working like busy little bees.

My husband then looks at me and honestly says, "I am tired...I want to go to bed". As I am writing, I am giggling because my husband was being honest in the fact that he was expressing to me that he was tired and was not focused. Looking back at it now...I should have left the mess that was in the house and thank my husband for his help and send him off to sleep and I should have prayed.

I then saw my tween sprawled on the floor having dozed off on a pile of clothes that she was folding. Ok, I got it. I realized that we were all tired and should get to bed.

The next morning I tell my husband how I was feeling the night before and He told me that he really did want to help me. I knew those were his intentions but I was not comforted by what he said. It was time to pray about it..so I did.

Immediately the Lord tells me that I did not use my time wisely during the week therefore falling behind on the housework.

It revealed to me that in my heart was a feeling of having to seem I had it all under control. I should have confessed to my husband that I was overwhelmed by the housework and that I wanted him to help me. The Lord continually tells me to trust that He is in control and it is always best that way!

List three Scriptures that bring you back into the reality of God when you do lose your peace.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

- 2 Corinthians 5:17

Brings me back to reality because I should not do things the "Sydney" way instead present everything to the Lord and seek His will.


If you love me, obey my commandments.

- John 14:15

This Word speaks truth to my heart.


I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!
- Psalm 139:7

His presence is always with me

2 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! :)
    hope you are having a lovely monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can continue to live lives our way and push God to the side. But how much better when we invite HIM into all areas and expect to see His greatness:)

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)