Monday, February 1, 2010

Breaking Free: Chapter 4 - To Glorify God

The author ends this chapter requesting the reader to spend time in prayer about the God glorifying life.

We can try so hard in our strength to "glorify" God with fruitless results.
A product of the flesh is death but the Spirit gives birth to everlasting fruit.

Many times when I would try my (<~~key word) best to be still and wait on the Lord I would end up so frustrated. I would become overwhelmed with a sense of hopelessness and felt such a weight upon my shoulders. I would not cast my cares on the Lord and wait patiently. I would cry to the Lord in prayer about a situation asking HIM to glorify Himself but I wanted instant results. I wanted to get up off my knees and have a perfectly running household, etc...I didn't want to work on it. What I mean by this is that I didn't want to have to sacrifice the desires of the flesh and walk in the Spirit. I wanted GOD to do everything for me. When I wouldn't "see" the results immediately I thought that there was something I had done horribly wrong and was being punished for it. I felt I was battling alone. What I failed to realize but now I see that I wasn't alone. The Lord heard my crying and murmuring and my asking why? why? Did I even praise him during the situation? I thank the Lord for the transformation causing power of HIS Word. Things are now seen through a different mirror..the WORD. You see this Friday that just passed my husband came home from work. As soon as I saw his face I knew something was the matter. I asked the Holy Spirit to give me the courage and strength to hear what my husband would be telling me shortly. How many know that God answers prayers immediately for HIS glory!!! I sure did feel HIS strength in me. My husband made a scissor motion with his hand which I immediately thought meant he was let go from his job. In my mind, the first thoughts were "thank you Jesus..you are so good to my family and I..you will never leave us". If this had been some months back my immediate thoughts would be "oh no, the mortgage..the car insurance..BILLS..what about the BILLS?" All before even hearing what my husband would have to say. No, not this time...not ever again in the name of Jesus. I glorified the Lord and hugged my husband and comforted him. (By the way...my husband is still employed:) As I pulled back my eyes welled up with tears not because of what I thought just happened but what the LORD was causing to happen in my life....TRUSTING in my Father as the Provider that HE is. I want not only my actions (lifestyle) to serve as a way to glorify the Lord but also my thoughts. I cast out vain imaginations declaring that only the truth of GOD's WORD lives in me...will be seen through me and is DOING and completing a mighty work in me...all for HIS GLORY!!!!!

If I walk in the thick of danger,

You will preserve my life

from the anger of my enemies.

You will extend Your hand;

Your right hand will save me.

The Lord will fulfill HIS purpose for me.

Lord, Your love is eternal;

Do not abandon the work of Your hands.

~Psalm 138: 7-8

3 comments:

  1. I love it that the Lord allows these moments to show us what's in our hearts. I rejoice in knowing that there's trust:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thanks God for these moments, is when we can truly know if we are trusting him or not. Also It allow us to see his glory. Through situations like these I had learned to trust even more,to wait patiently and to rejoice and praise him while I wait. Gloria a Dios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord sis, God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)