Friday, January 29, 2010
To me the question should be more like: "In what area am I not allowing the Lord's glory to manifest in my life?"
My husband is a man that has the peace of the LORD in his heart and no matter what is going on around him the peace that he reflects surpasses my understanding. I can be going on and on about a situation and he will look at me and say calmly and lovingly, "My love, the Lord has it under control..now let's pray." My husband has developed a trust in the LORD that is admirable to me. But, by this point I sometimes think "Is that it? Is that all you have to say?" I want him to give me an answer as to how the situation will work out or give me answers on how to work through a situation or adversity. When I get like this I realize that it's time to get on my face and ask the Lord for forgiveness and go to HIM in prayer for answers. My husband is a man of God and for HIS glory it has pleased HIM to give my husband words of knowledge over certain situations because of HIS mercy. However, I know that it is God's desire for me to go to HIM with any questions because only HE can give me truly the peace my spirit desires.
I want to allow the Lord's glory to manifest in the area of patience. I want to always be able to wait on HIM...to go to HIM knowing that the plans HE has for my life will come to pass in there due season.
Again, I know that it all boils down to the trust issue. Trusting that the Lord is in control of every area of my life. That there is not even the smallest detail that HE is not aware of.
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." - James 1:2-4
1. A different from the norm Saturday...was spent the whole day at home..enjoying each other's company and lots of laughing!!
2. Started the "Breaking Free" study and I am READY!
3. My mom came over on Monday and stood with my girls while I went to the dentist;
4. My mom surprised us on Tuesday and she stayed for dinner..her visits are always a blessing to my family;
5. I gave my baby who will be 6 months in about a week baby food. We all enjoyed seeing the funny expressions on her face and she tasted and felt the texture of the food and took lots of pictures :)
6. My tween has been super helpful this week volunteering to help me around the house and even wanting to cook dinner for us :)
7. My in-laws are having a lovely time down in Florida, enjoying time with their children and grandchildren, pretty soon it will be our turn to have them with us!
8. Speaking of my in-laws visit...what a great reason to de-clutter the house and decorate..excited about that project (including my kitchen backsplash maybe?)
9. My daughter left her pair of gloves at the post office and thankfully they were still there when she returned for them...she really likes those gloves;
10. Thursday night's service Word was beautiful, prayer is a powerful tool the Lord gave us; may we have the confidence to come boldly before HIS throne!
Monday, January 25, 2010
I just received my book this past Friday and I was excited to get started. I read the first three chapters and I instantly could relate with the thought the author expressed about the importance of the believer in Christ breaking free from anything that impedes a total freedom in Jesus Christ. We are children of God and should not waste any more time settling for a less than victorious and fruitful life in HIM!
H.W. Question #3: What gives you the most problem when it comes to believing God?
I was posed this question on Friday and then read it in the book. I asked the Lord what served as an obstacle in my walk with Him. However, I didn't receive an immediate answer. This morning after prayer and enjoying the quietness in my home (my girls were still sleeping) the word "TRUST" silently was whispered in my spirit and I knew that was the Lord answering me. HE is so merciful.
You see, when I was without Jesus I felt I couldn't trust anyone. The people that I loved, the ones who were closest to me failed me. They either just up and left or they would lie and cheat me. I was truly hurt and in the need of so much love. I see now that is part of what attributed to my dependency on drugs and alcohol. I built a defense around me that I swore I wouldn't let anyone in (I have since renounced that). I didn't want to be deceived again. I didn't want to be put in a position where I would trust someone then to only be let down again. I took on the attitude that I wouldn't care or trust anyone again. I wouldn't trust the people that came and wouldn't care when they left . I wouldn't trust the men in my life that I allowed to mistreat and abuse me. I didn't trust the people I called "friends" either. They were merely people I would just pass the time with. I truly thought there was no one out there whom I could count on....someone who I could truly trust. I had a "survival of the fittest" attitude.
When I came to Christ it was a battle in my mind still to think that this wonderful and all powerful God actually loves me and asks me to trust HIM. Why would He want that from me a lowly sinner like me. Why did He care? When I came upon HIS Word that says HE loved me first...HE loved me before and after all of my sins. It was hard for me to accept it.He would very often tell me, "For it is the Lord your God who goes with you; HE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU." Joshua 31:6b.
It was a battle to trust HIM for my marriage, for my children, for an abundant life in HIM. As I was growing in the Word (which I still am) I learned to trust HIM for my salvation, for my liberation, even for my marriage and my children and I trusted HIM for me. I trusted in HIS unconditional love for me. HE has yet to let me down and I am certain that HE will not. He loves me in spite of me...not for who I am or was but that is just who HE is... HE IS LOVE!
In Malachi 3:10 He told me to test Him with my tithe and offering and to see if He will not open the flood gates of heaven and pour out a blessing for me without measure. I gave my tithe and offering before I even knew what it was in obedience and trusting in HIS word and He has certainly blessed my family and I without measure. There are numerous examples in the Word of how the people who put their trust in the Lord were victors.
The Lord says, "That a man shall leave his father and his mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." Ephesians 5:31. I allowed these verses to penetrate my spirit and truly see my husband for what the Lord has made him into and the potential that the Lord sees in him. I trust the Holy Spirit in my husband and the Lord who has blessed me with him.
Question #4: What practical steps could you take to increase your trust in God?
The steps I am taking in continuing to trust the Lord is knowing that God is faithful to HIS Word. I am trusting in what HE has said in HIS Word concerning me and especially concerning who HE is. I want to continue to grow in the knowledge of who HE is. Certainly not for what HE can give me...salvation is enough, but to grow in the knowledge of HIS love.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:11-14a
Friday, January 22, 2010
1. Went to my SIL's house. We had such a lovely visit which I must mention was long overdue. They are both great cooks and blessed us with some food to take come.
2. Sunday's service was a Word much needed. Deut 30:15..CHOOSE LIFE!
3. Did my CVS run and was able to catch some pretty good deals, best part I was able to roll over my ecb's just in time :)
4. Caught the Babies R Us sale and purchased some onesies at a great price!
5. Spent some time with my sis without the girls. We always laugh and laugh and laugh...
6. My SIL blessed my family with a beautiful picture of her and my baby.
7. A BIC celebrated another earthday. May the Lord bless him continually.
8. My SIL again blessed with with some delicious homemade bread and a gift for me and my husband...I know it is only You, Lord!
9. My tween has been so willing to help me around the house. I thank you Lord for the servant's spirit in her.
10. Looking forward to spending some home time this weekend and do some clean-up...yeah :)
11. The Lord blessed my husband with a victory in his job..You are a righteous judge, Lord! I thank the Lord that through out the test we trusted in you knowing that either way we are blessed in YOU!
12. Our FIC presented their baby in church this Sunday. He looked so adorable in his outfit :)
13. My mom celebrated another earthday in the LORD! I am grateful to the Lord to have such a special woman as a mother. She has such a love for the souls that I pray that the Lord continues to use her for His glory and that she may continue to have that passion to preach HIS Word to the lost!
Monday, January 18, 2010
I run to my refuge
He will conceal me in His shelter
I run into His arms
His are always open to recieve
I run willingly into battle
He has given me the victory
I run away from sin
He gives me the strength
I run toward His heart
His heart I want to know
God is a righteous judge,
and a God who executes justice every day!
We wait in YOU, LORD!
Friday, January 15, 2010
2. Our Pastor has been preaching about the coming of Christ it has been a blessing..Are you ready?
3. I thank God that my mom is healed in the name of Jesus
4. Great deals at Walgreens...next week looks good also :)
5. I can do all things in Christ......
6. My Pastor blessed me with a CD. Even in the little things Lord..thank u!
7. Went for the root canal...trusting in the Lord...wasn't that bad :)
8. My SIL blessed my baby with some adorable boots, an outfit and a toy!
9. Karen blessed me with some savings
10. Have a visit planned to my SIL's house..we are excited!
11. Our lil SIC is healed and doing great! She is so beautiful!
12. FIC blessed us with a beautiful pic of their baby boy :)
Friday, January 8, 2010
1. Thank you Lord my family and I started this year with YOU and in YOU!
2. My daughter is 5 months this week
3. I noticed her first two bottom teeth sprouting :)
4. Started H.S. this week after a few days off and we are on track!
5. Received 4 packs of "personal items" and 4 lip glosses for free this week (pd only $0.78 tax oop),
6. My Co-Pastor started a blog for God's glory...look forward to following it!
7. Only in YOU Lord!
8. Started our family bible reading calender as well as our 1st scripture memorization...I am so excited!!!!
9. Started reading Joyce Meyer's "Beauty for Ashes"...about time!
10. Heard from a childhood friend and presented Jesus Christ....saved in the name of Jesus!
11. Received a call from my Co-Pastor's wife. We had a lovely conversation. I pray that the Lord may continue to bless her and that her desires in HIM are fulfilled in Jesus' name!
Thank you Lord for this year that has begun victoriously in Jesus.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Back in 2007 I received a Word that the Lord would bless me with another child.
My husband and I waited on the Lord for HIS timing is always perfect!
As I entered my pregnancy I took a series of routine exams (not by my want but obeyed what the Lord asked me to do). Blood had to be drawn in order to check my thyroid glands. One afternoon I received a call from my doctor and immediately, I have to admit, my heart dropped. She asked me to come in to review the results of my exam. (I had already received my results of over 25 blood exams that were done which came back with excellent results). As he doctor entered the exam room she told me that the thyroid exam came back abnormal. I immediately told her that test was not accurate. She told me over and over again that the test results we in deed accurate however, I would still need to take another exam to confirm. I was hesitant because I knew it would come back negative but for God's glory I submitted to another prick of the nurses needle.
A few weeks went by and no call from the doctor. My next prenatal visit I asked the doctor what were the results and she gave me a puzzled look and told me the blood work came back from the lab absolutely clear of any signs of a thyroid condition.
Praise the LORD!
God is still on the throne and the devil is still defeated!
1. Spent a lovely dinner with my sister and her family. Mom made it just in time to join us!
2. My daughter and I spent a lovely afternoon together,
3. My husband enjoyed his vacation time this week. He is enjoying daddy and daughters time :)
4. My mom is always willing...thank you Lord!
5. My husband celebrated another earthday in the LORD!
6. Prayer service was more than I could of asked or even imagine,
7. Rang in the new year at church (what better place to begin the year in the presence of the LORD) with my FIC!
8. Brothers and sisters testified of the LORD's faithfulness during this past year. Thank you Jesus for the kleenex ;)
9. This was the last week of our SIC visit. It was great to see them again! They have grown into beautiful and more importantly God-fearing young ladies,
10. My daughter received some yummy treats from our Pastor,
11. Another year has come and gone by. Looking forward to witnessing God's continuing love and mercy!