Saturday, December 26, 2009

Are You Preparing For Rain?

There were two farmers who desperately needed rain. But only one went out to prepare his fields for it? Who do you think trusted in God to send the rain?

I was reminded of this story a few nights ago while having a conversation with my husband.

Jesus said to His disciples, "Stay awake and pray so that you won't enter into temptation. The Spirit is willing but the flash is weak."
Matthew 26: 41-56

Jesus left and came back a second time and even a third time and still found the disciples sleeping while He was being strengthened in prayer for what was to come.

After this scene is when Judas betrays Jesus. Soon after one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and cut off the ear of a slave of the High Priest. Jesus immediately rebukes him and tells him who takes up a sword will perish by the sword. The disciple who when He saw Jesus being attacked immediately reacted in the flesh because he did not heed to what Jesus had told him to do.

What stood out to me is what Jesus said to his disciple, "Or do you think that I cannot call on my Father, and He will provide Me at once with more than 12 legions of angels? Wow!

Jesus said that if He called on His father that His Father AT ONCE will provide 12 legions of angels to come to His aid.

As children of God if we are praying and making the most of our time being strengthened in prayer and remaining in communion with the Lord that we also can have the same conviction that when we call upon the Lord, He will listen.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says, "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Are you preparing for rain?

1 comment:

  1. Lord help me to prepare for rain, sleet, snow, hail...etc in Jesus' name. Think about the outcome had they been praying (the disciples). Would Peter have cut his ear off? Would one have left running naked? What we could avoid by praying and seeking God's help and not our own human efforts. Help us Lord!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)