Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recipe: Flan




This was my first attempt at making flan.

Ingredients

6 eggs
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of condensed milk
1 soup spoon of vanilla
1/2 bar of softened Philadelphia cream cheese
1 cup of suger

(This makes 2 medium size flans)

Take the cup of sugar and place it in a pan on medium heat.
After a few minutes the sugar will melt. But, you must keep an eye on it so it won't burn. After the sugar is fully melted drizzle on bottom of oven proof baking dish.

Place all remaining contents in blender until well mixed.

Pour liquid ingredients into baking dish (which has sugar on bottom)and place dish into larger oven proof dish filled half way with water (water bath).

Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour. Check the flan by placing a toothpick or knife in the middle, if it comes out clean its done!

Run a butter knife along the edges, to loosen, and place a plate on top and flip over.

The flan will have a nice suger sauce to drizzle over each piece.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. God bless you sister
    Thank you for sharing the recipe, I know its easy
    but never try to make one and Alexis really enjoy Flan. It look good, I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The secret is out (You see the Pastor was right that some do have secrets) but no longer...HA! I am soooo going to enjoy making this and enjoy even more eating it! Oh and I am still waiting for ours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney, this is great. Wow, thanks for the recipe. God bless you.

    I've never done a Flan.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you again Jasmine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis I will try to make it also, it does look good but I am not a flan eater...I'm sure John and the kids will enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)