Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Reflection

As I was coming back from buying my lunch this afternoon, the man at the lobby cafe asked me when I was due to have my baby. As I proceeded to tell him that I was far along and I would be having my baby within the next two months or so, he looked at me and said to me, "I noticed that you looked fatigued". As I proceeded to end the conversation respectfully I walked back to the elevator. As I was walking back I meditated on what he said to me. I was shocked when he said this because I am feeling great. I don't feel tired. For God's glory I have been able to work and take care of my other duties just fine.

As I walked along the corridor and into the elevator the Holy Spirit brought to my memory my sister's preaching which was some time ago already. My sister preached on the book of Esther. Esther 5:3" Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom." Again in verse 6 "And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed."

The emphasis that my sister made (if I remember correctly) was that the King noticed on Esther's face an expression that she was not her usual self therefore asking her twice what was her petition.

In my expression I want to reflect the peace of Christ in my life. More importantly in my daily personal walk/relationship with the Lord. I want my life to be a testimony of the saving power that only Jesus can perform in the life of a person should they choose to surrender themselves to Jesus! Not only to the outside word but to my family as well. Therefore, "performing the duties of my ministry" as my sister wrote.

What are you reflecting today?

1 comment:

  1. in the name of Jesus, I am reflecting Him. I know so many times the Lord has made me aware of my personal appearance as well as gestures b/c the "world" is watching and they must see Jesus in us 24/7. Don't be caught off guard...

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)