Thursday, February 12, 2009

His Presence

This morning I was reading my weekly email from babycenter.com. It gives an idea of the growth of the baby and what other happenings will occur this week. A suggestion read that it is recommended that the mother talk, read aloud, and even sing to the baby. This suggestion made me pause. This made me think of my relationship with God. I do not see Him, but I talk to Him. I do not see Him but I know His presence is with me. I praise Him and I know He hears me.

Am I always mindful of the presence of God? Am I always mindful of the presence of God when I am disciplining my daughter? When I am discussing something with my husband that we may not see eye to eye on do I remember God is hearing me? When I am pushed or sometimes even stepped on while I am on the train am I always aware that God knows my thoughts? I always want to recognize the presence of the Lord in my life. Knowing that God is always watching, seeing, hearing me makes me more aware that I want to live a life that is pleasing to Him!

May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all His holy ones. 1 Thessalonians 3:13

2 comments:

  1. Glory Jesus! It's His beautiful presence that draws us closer to Him and makes us fall in love with Him. I want more of His presence!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His presence is awesome!!! It's a blessing to know that He is always watching us, not only to protect us, but also to quicken our spirit when we are disobeying Him and/or about to grieve His precious Spirit. Thank you Jesus!! Help us to always be mindful of You and Your divine presence!! We Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I feel blessed that you took time to stop by and read all that the Lord has put in my heart to share.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you :)